Called by Time Magazine "A triumph for the stage," and by the International Herald Tribune "the best musical in twenty years," this acclaimed musical won 1998 Tony Awards for Best Score, Book and Orchestrations, and won both the Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle Awards for Best Musical and Best Score.
“RAGTIME” is not only a powerful portrait of life in turn-of-the-century America, but a relevant tale for today. Written by the award-winning composer/lyricist team of Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens noted playwright Terrence McNally, and based on E.L. Doctorow's distinguished novel, the musical intertwines the stories of three extraordinary families, as they confront history's timeless contradictions of wealth and poverty, freedom and prejudice, hope and despair and what it means to make your imprint on the future of America.
Over 50 students are rehearsing for the production, as well as, almost that many working on sets, costumes and music. Tickets can be purchased at www.shorewooddrama.org and through the box office at 414.963.6940. Join us for this sensational show on May 7, 8, 13, 14 at 8 p.m. or May 9 at 2 p.m. or May 12 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 for seniors and students and $12 for adults. Don’t miss this powerful show!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Village of Shorewood Hosts Second Annual Plein Air Festival
- Polish Harvest Festival
- FREE Pre-Concert Workshop
- River Hills resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- DHS Throws Disabled Under the Bus
- 10 Homework Tips for The School Year
- Last Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert on Sunday August 17, 2014
- Growing Small Business Reaches Top 5% of Industry
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Columbia St. Mary’s River Woods Outpatient Center Receives a 2014 5-Star National Award