Called by Time Magazine "A triumph for the stage," and by the International Herald Tribune "the best musical in twenty years," this acclaimed musical won 1998 Tony Awards for Best Score, Book and Orchestrations, and won both the Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle Awards for Best Musical and Best Score.
“RAGTIME” is not only a powerful portrait of life in turn-of-the-century America, but a relevant tale for today. Written by the award-winning composer/lyricist team of Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens noted playwright Terrence McNally, and based on E.L. Doctorow's distinguished novel, the musical intertwines the stories of three extraordinary families, as they confront history's timeless contradictions of wealth and poverty, freedom and prejudice, hope and despair and what it means to make your imprint on the future of America.
Over 50 students are rehearsing for the production, as well as, almost that many working on sets, costumes and music. Tickets can be purchased at www.shorewooddrama.org and through the box office at 414.963.6940. Join us for this sensational show on May 7, 8, 13, 14 at 8 p.m. or May 9 at 2 p.m. or May 12 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 for seniors and students and $12 for adults. Don’t miss this powerful show!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- GRAEF RECOGNIZED BY AMERICAN COUNCIL OF ENGINEERING COMPANIES
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Shorewood Schools celebrate Art Week
- River Cruise Seminar
- Milwaukee Handbell Ensemble's 10th Anniversary Concert
- Growing Power's Will Allen to Speak at UWM May 15
- Bel Canto Boy Choirs Present Free Concert
- Brown Deer-Granville High School Athletic Hall of Fame
- Local Remodeler Earns New Universal Design Certification