On May 10-12, over 350 retired educators gathered at the Osthoff Resort in Elkhart Lake to celebrate WREA’s 60th Anniversary during the annual convention of the Wisconsin Retired Educator’s Association (WREA). The theme of this year's even was "Route 60: Mileposts of WREA (celebrating 60 years)".
The Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers’ Association (MARTA) was well represented with 23 members in attendance. MARTA is a local unit of WREA comprised of retired educators who live or worked in Milwaukee County.
The Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association is a non-partisan, independent organization with over 15,000 members statewide and 70 local units. WREA has been recognized for its role in protecting the public pension fund, advocating for public education and supporting the interests of senior citizens. In addition, members typically contribute over $10 million worth of Community Service each year.
For more information about MARTA or the activities of the retired educators, contact Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers’ Association at MARTAteachers@gmail.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Eastcastle Place Senior Living Community Earns Perfect 100 on Walk Score®
- Free Movie Showing
- Assurant Health ranks on southeast Wisconsin Top Workplaces list
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- GRAEF RECOGNIZED BY AMERICAN COUNCIL OF ENGINEERING COMPANIES
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Shorewood Schools celebrate Art Week
- River Cruise Seminar
- Milwaukee Handbell Ensemble's 10th Anniversary Concert
- Growing Power's Will Allen to Speak at UWM May 15