Matthew Hammer of Milwaukee, was one of 206 students to receive a doctor of medicine degree from The Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee at its 98th annual commencement exercises, May 20th, at The Milwaukee Theater.
Dr. Hammer is the son of Thomas and Patricia Hammer of Shorewood. He received his bachelor of science degree from Marquette University in 2007. Following graduation, he will begin an anesthesiology residency at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
Founded in 1893, The Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee has a fourfold mission: education, discovery, patient care and public and community health. The Medical College is Wisconsin’s only private medical and health sciences graduate school providing education and training to more than 1,200 students. As the largest private non-profit research institution in the state, the Medical College conducts over $148 million annually in research. The Medical College has an operating budget of more than $850 million and has 5,400 employees, including 1,540 faculty members. The College’s 1,250 physicians care for more than 400,000 patients annually, representing more than 1.6 million patient visits.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Amalia Cecsarini will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Tory Trettin will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Josie Trettin will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Jack Trettin will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Georgina Pink will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Kick off the season with the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event
- YOUNG SHOREWOOD RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Honors Barry Mandel With the “Building Milwaukee” Award
- Boswell Bookshop Proprietor Leads Free Holiday Book Talk December 6 at Shorewood Library