University of Wisconsin-Parkside Theatre Arts student Maddie Wakley of Shorewood is applying her craft this summer at an important professional theatre venue. Wakley is at the Riverside Theater in Iowa City, Iowa, serving as an acting intern. She is playing the role of Edith in the Riverside’s production of Eugene O’Neill’s “Ah, Wilderness.” Most recently, Wakely played the part of Horatio in the Parkside Theatre presentation of “Hamlet.” Her co-star in that production, Chad Bay, is also performing at the Riverside Theater this summer. More than two dozen UW-Parkside theater students and graduates are working in playhouses across Wisconsin and in Minnesota, Iowa, and New York.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Diabetes and oral health in Milwaukee’s Mexican-American community
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces Availability of 2015 Membership Directory