University of Wisconsin-Parkside Theatre Arts student Maddie Wakley of Shorewood is applying her craft this summer at an important professional theatre venue. Wakley is at the Riverside Theater in Iowa City, Iowa, serving as an acting intern. She is playing the role of Edith in the Riverside’s production of Eugene O’Neill’s “Ah, Wilderness.” Most recently, Wakely played the part of Horatio in the Parkside Theatre presentation of “Hamlet.” Her co-star in that production, Chad Bay, is also performing at the Riverside Theater this summer. More than two dozen UW-Parkside theater students and graduates are working in playhouses across Wisconsin and in Minnesota, Iowa, and New York.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Print all In new window NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- What I earned By Serving on the School Board
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- Glendale Mayoral Forum held on March 24
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Try out field hockey with LIFT!
- New! LIFT Field Hockey!
- Exploring Health Innovations Inspired by the Care of Military Personnel
- Shakespeare Explains Life in Renaissance England
- “Match Day” reveals future plans for new doctors