University of Wisconsin-Parkside Theatre Arts student Maddie Wakley of Shorewood is applying her craft this summer at an important professional theatre venue. Wakley is at the Riverside Theater in Iowa City, Iowa, serving as an acting intern. She is playing the role of Edith in the Riverside’s production of Eugene O’Neill’s “Ah, Wilderness.” Most recently, Wakely played the part of Horatio in the Parkside Theatre presentation of “Hamlet.” Her co-star in that production, Chad Bay, is also performing at the Riverside Theater this summer. More than two dozen UW-Parkside theater students and graduates are working in playhouses across Wisconsin and in Minnesota, Iowa, and New York.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Storage Ideas for the Kitchen
- Alverno Presents Okwui Okpokwasili: Bronx Gothic
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Seniors Winter Pot Luck
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Laundry Room Maintenance
- NORTH SHORE BANK HOSTS BOOK SALE BENEFITING ADULT LITERACY CENTER OF OZAUKEE COUNTY
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: February schedule
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations