University of Wisconsin-Parkside Theatre Arts student Maddie Wakley of Shorewood is applying her craft this summer at an important professional theatre venue. Wakley is at the Riverside Theater in Iowa City, Iowa, serving as an acting intern. She is playing the role of Edith in the Riverside’s production of Eugene O’Neill’s “Ah, Wilderness.” Most recently, Wakely played the part of Horatio in the Parkside Theatre presentation of “Hamlet.” Her co-star in that production, Chad Bay, is also performing at the Riverside Theater this summer. More than two dozen UW-Parkside theater students and graduates are working in playhouses across Wisconsin and in Minnesota, Iowa, and New York.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Capuchin Friar Visits Catholic East for Vocation Day
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19