University of Wisconsin-Parkside Theatre Arts student Maddie Wakley of Shorewood is applying her craft this summer at an important professional theatre venue. Wakley is at the Riverside Theater in Iowa City, Iowa, serving as an acting intern. She is playing the role of Edith in the Riverside’s production of Eugene O’Neill’s “Ah, Wilderness.” Most recently, Wakely played the part of Horatio in the Parkside Theatre presentation of “Hamlet.” Her co-star in that production, Chad Bay, is also performing at the Riverside Theater this summer. More than two dozen UW-Parkside theater students and graduates are working in playhouses across Wisconsin and in Minnesota, Iowa, and New York.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Work At Home Scam Targets College Students
- From Hollywood to Holy Wood!
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop
- Daddy & Daughter Dance Party
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- St. Robert Annual Pancake Breakfast/School Open House this Sunday
- Bartelt Wins Two Gold Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards
- MCW to host community mental health series
- Shorewood School District to Participate in National Day of Service