FREE RELAXATION STATIONS MAKE FOR STRESS-FREE HOLIDAY SHOPPING
After getting up at 3 a.m. to score that Black Friday special, holiday down-time sounds like a great reward. But what if you could get holiday errands done and relax at the same time? Now you can, with the Stop, Shop & Restore holiday event, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3 hosted by the Shorewood Business Improvement District (BID).
Free trolley rides will transport you to complimentary relaxation stations along the shopping route, including:
–Free hand, foot and chair massages for people (and learn how to massage your pet) throughout the business district
–Complimentary salon services – stop in and get a quick holiday style or make-up
finishing touches for that upcoming holiday party
–Relaxing tea sampling, cooking demonstrations, beer and wine tastings
–Complimentary homemade holiday cookies, hot cocoa and cider
–Complimentary gift-wrapping courtesy of Shorewood High School Orchestra students
–Holiday carolers and string/brass quartets throughout the district
–Pet photos with Santa – proceeds go to Humane Society
–Seasonal nutrition and stress-relieving tips from local therapists
At the same time, enjoy traditional holiday activities including visits with Santa, kids’ ornament-making and local shopping at a diverse range of Shorewood retailers offering unique holiday gift ideas for everyone on your list.
The first 100 shoppers who turn in $200 in Dec. 3 receipts from any Shorewood business will receive a $25 gift certificate redeemable anywhere in the Shorewood business district. For more information, visit www.shorewoodwi.com
“Holiday shopping should be a fun experience, not a stressful one,” says Shorewood BID Executive Director Jim Plaisted. “Our businesses are ready to put the fun back into it, by helping people relax and enjoy themselves as they shop for one-of-a-kind gifts.”
The Shorewood Business Improvement District was established by commercial property owners and the Village of Shorewood in 1999 to promote the neighborhood as a premier destination for retail and service businesses to locate and thrive.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Christmas at Balmoral Castle
- Lutheran Home Hires Wolkomir as Social Services Director
- Registration for Summer Classes Now Open
- Danceworks Student Showcase: A Whimsical Waltz in Wonderland
- Danceworks Mad Hot Ballroom and Tap Competition
- UWM, MATC and MPS Leaders To Speak On Collaborative Efforts Between Milwaukee Public Education Institutions on May 13 at UWM
- Sculptor of "Topos" at new MPL East Library to Talk at UWM May 3
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers May 13 Panel Discussion on “Enhancing Your Home’s Curb Appeal”
- Bartelt Wins 2015 Chrysalis Award
- Integrated Health Network of Wisconsin Names CFO