Last summer and fall, General Manager Michael Dietrich announced that the Hilton Milwaukee River (4700 North Port Washington Road) would embark on a $750,000.00-plus refurbishment project designed to enhance both their Hotel as well as their noted restaurant, The Anchorage.
Some of these changes have been much more dramatic and immediately visible to the general public, while others more subtle. And starting last month, their projects resumed in earnest again.
To date, the Hotel has upgraded all of their guestroom televisions to deluxe 37-inch flat screen models, upgraded their Lobby and Banquet furniture, enhanced their outdoor Patio, upgraded their guestroom bed linens and in-room amenities, and implemented a complimentary weekday Happy Hour Hors D’Oeuvres reception.
The highlight of last year’s project focused on The Anchorage, the Hotel's award-winning restaurant that overlooks the Milwaukee River banks.
The Anchorage received a floor-to-ceiling remodel, retaining their unique seating pattern that allows bar and dining patrons to enjoy uninhibited river views, while upgrading its seating and decor to reflect a more modern looking feel.
Their Executive Chef, Jerry Taylor, also gave his menus for both the restaurant and for banquet functions a similar re-styling, focusing on nearly a 40-year history of dining excellence for the Glendale area.
"Many of our dining patrons for The Anchorage praise these changes...", said Taylor, noting that he has seen an increase in volume since these changes were completed.
Additional projects for the Hilton Milwaukee River resumed again last month, including plans for new wallpaper and carpeting in their guestroom and public corridors, the installation of in-room safes, and upgrades to their wireless internet system.
"Behind-the scenes wiring for a more powerful internet service might not have the dramatic splash and glimmer of new wallpaper or carpeting, but is nonetheless very important to the overall image of our Hotel and for the comfort of our Hilton guests...", said Dietrich. "Combined with what we were able to accomplish for The Anchorage, the excitement levels for the guests as well as for our own staff members during these projects are tremendous!"
The Hilton Milwaukee River and The Anchorage are located at 4700 North Port Washington Road, and proudly serves many of the North Shore area communities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success
- Danceworks Youth Performance Company (DYPC) in GINGERBREAD EXPRESS
- Unwind with Stress-free Holiday Shopping in Shorewood
- Local Allstate Agent Andrew McCabe Offers Tips on Avoiding Winter Freeze
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Dec. 8, Layton's Legacy: A Historic American Art Collection, 1888-2013
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah