Shorewood Resident to Perform with International dance artist Kathryn Ferguson on April 28
Shorewood, Wis – Oriental dance artist Kathryn Ferguson and the region’s best professional Middle Eastern dancers, including Shorewood resident, Samantha Fairuz and Greenfield resident Denise Sedmak, will be providing evening of belly dancing on Saturday, April 28th at 7:30 p.m. at the Humphrey Scottish Rite Masonic Center, 790 North Van Buren Street.
The performance will follow an all-day workshop led by Ferguson for area dancers of all skill levels.
Ferguson performs internationally and is a filmmaker and author. She has produced dance films and the classic groundbreaking instructional DVD, “Mideastern Dance: An Introduction to Belly Dance.” It sells internationally and has been translated into Japanese.
She will be joined by Milwaukee performers Samantha Fairuz, Safar Dance Company, Denise, Denai's Dancers, Zahra Sagira and Tamarind, and Minneapolis performers Zahirah and Helen.
Tickets for the Saturday evening show are $14 in advance and $16 at the door.
The Saturday workshop is $60 in advance, and runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 28th. An advanced Sunday workshop will be held at the Comfort Inn and Suites Lakeshore in downtown Milwaukee from 11-3 a.m. on the 29th. The Sunday workshop is $40 in advance.
For more information, including how to register or purchase tickets, visit www.SamanthaFairuz.com or call 414-226-0070. A high-resolution photo of Ferguson is also available upon request.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SHOREWOOD CDA ADVANCES NORTHWOODS RENOVATION AND RIVER BLUFF SENIOR HOUSING PROJECTS
- How to Avoid Your Own Personal Financial Crisis
- "The Life & Music of Woody Guthrie for Ukulele" with Lil' Rev, March 15 at Cascio
- Shorewood Allstate Agent Offers Spring Safety Advice
- March 7 Talk: "A Global Geologic Exploration of Life after Earth’s Largest Mass Extinction"
- March 2, Lecture on Art at the Edges of Maps at UWM
- Don't Miss the Condo Tradeshow
- Seniors Anniversary Party
- Dynamic Duos
- Summer Ballet Auditions at the Academy of Classical Ballet