Shorewood Resident to Perform with International dance artist Kathryn Ferguson on April 28
Shorewood, Wis – Oriental dance artist Kathryn Ferguson and the region’s best professional Middle Eastern dancers, including Shorewood resident, Samantha Fairuz and Greenfield resident Denise Sedmak, will be providing evening of belly dancing on Saturday, April 28th at 7:30 p.m. at the Humphrey Scottish Rite Masonic Center, 790 North Van Buren Street.
The performance will follow an all-day workshop led by Ferguson for area dancers of all skill levels.
Ferguson performs internationally and is a filmmaker and author. She has produced dance films and the classic groundbreaking instructional DVD, “Mideastern Dance: An Introduction to Belly Dance.” It sells internationally and has been translated into Japanese.
She will be joined by Milwaukee performers Samantha Fairuz, Safar Dance Company, Denise, Denai's Dancers, Zahra Sagira and Tamarind, and Minneapolis performers Zahirah and Helen.
Tickets for the Saturday evening show are $14 in advance and $16 at the door.
The Saturday workshop is $60 in advance, and runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 28th. An advanced Sunday workshop will be held at the Comfort Inn and Suites Lakeshore in downtown Milwaukee from 11-3 a.m. on the 29th. The Sunday workshop is $40 in advance.
For more information, including how to register or purchase tickets, visit www.SamanthaFairuz.com or call 414-226-0070. A high-resolution photo of Ferguson is also available upon request.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Diabetes and oral health in Milwaukee’s Mexican-American community
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces Availability of 2015 Membership Directory