Shorewood Resident to Perform with International dance artist Kathryn Ferguson on April 28
Shorewood, Wis – Oriental dance artist Kathryn Ferguson and the region’s best professional Middle Eastern dancers, including Shorewood resident, Samantha Fairuz and Greenfield resident Denise Sedmak, will be providing evening of belly dancing on Saturday, April 28th at 7:30 p.m. at the Humphrey Scottish Rite Masonic Center, 790 North Van Buren Street.
The performance will follow an all-day workshop led by Ferguson for area dancers of all skill levels.
Ferguson performs internationally and is a filmmaker and author. She has produced dance films and the classic groundbreaking instructional DVD, “Mideastern Dance: An Introduction to Belly Dance.” It sells internationally and has been translated into Japanese.
She will be joined by Milwaukee performers Samantha Fairuz, Safar Dance Company, Denise, Denai's Dancers, Zahra Sagira and Tamarind, and Minneapolis performers Zahirah and Helen.
Tickets for the Saturday evening show are $14 in advance and $16 at the door.
The Saturday workshop is $60 in advance, and runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 28th. An advanced Sunday workshop will be held at the Comfort Inn and Suites Lakeshore in downtown Milwaukee from 11-3 a.m. on the 29th. The Sunday workshop is $40 in advance.
For more information, including how to register or purchase tickets, visit www.SamanthaFairuz.com or call 414-226-0070. A high-resolution photo of Ferguson is also available upon request.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success
- Danceworks Youth Performance Company (DYPC) in GINGERBREAD EXPRESS
- Unwind with Stress-free Holiday Shopping in Shorewood
- Local Allstate Agent Andrew McCabe Offers Tips on Avoiding Winter Freeze
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Dec. 8, Layton's Legacy: A Historic American Art Collection, 1888-2013
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah