PRESS CONTACT: Carolyn Chapin
ANGLICAN PARISH TO FORM ON MILWAUKEE’S NORTH SHORE
May 14, 2012… a new church in the Anglican tradition is now being formed on the east side and is aimed at attracting people who are interested in worship and fellowship that embodies traditional Anglican values and honors scriptural teaching. All are welcome to attend, especially those who live inBrown Deer, Fox Point, Bayside, Glendale, Whitefish Bay and Shorewood areas, as well as southern
Ozaukee County - Mequon, Thiensville, Grafton.
The North Shore parish will initially hold weekly services in a private east side home before expanding to a facility. It will be supported by clergy drawn from a new Upper Midwest Anglican Diocese, now in formation. They will administer the Sacraments as well as provide pastoral care. Bible study will begin
concurrently with services. Sunday School , youth programs and childcare will follow shortly
The first service of the new church is scheduled for Sunday, May 20th with Holy Eucharist at 3 p.m. followed by Bible study and concluding with informational plans for the future of the parish. It will be
held at 2430 W. Cedar Lane in River Hills.
The new church plant will align itself with the Anglican Church in North America (ACNA) which unites nearly 1,000 parishes across the United States and Canada who have entered into communion together to worship in the Anglican tradition under a commitment to honor a traditional and historical reliance
on Scripture and Biblical teaching. It is a Province-in-formation in the 85 million member global Anglican communion.
To indicate your interest and for information and directions to the meeting place, please contact parish member Bill Chapin at (414) 352-4586, or email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stritch Theater presents "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?"
- Mequon Artist Grace Natoli Sheldon Featured on Channel 10 Auction
- We're Going Green for Shabbat!
- Volunteers Still Needed For Walk MS: Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Repertory Theater Children's Audition Notice: A Christmas Carol
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- Ukranian Folk Rock Will Wrap Up Alverno Presents' 55th Season
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Seniors Trip to Brewers-Dodgers Game