The Milwaukee Area Labor Council is holding its 23rd annual Health and Hygiene Drive for the homeless. Two dozen Milwaukee area homeless shelters are in urgent need of health and hygiene products for their clients. The drive started April 9 and runs through June 8. Items needed include: toothbrushes/paste, hair care products, deodorant, laundry detergent, first aid supplies, diapers, feminine hygiene products, paper products and more. Most of us take it for granted that we have shampoo, deodorant and toothpaste. But for so many people, those are luxury items. Donations are down again this year so we need to rally to bring in items by June 8.
Items can be dropped off on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at United Way’s offices at 225 W. Vine St., Milwaukee Area Labor Council offices at 633 S. Hawley Road or any Milwaukee Fire Department station. Monetary donations are also accepted and can be mailed to the Labor Council, with checks payable to Labor Community@Work.
For more information, please call Jay Reinke at (414) 771-9828.
- The Comedy of Errors
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Career and Technical Workshop for Educators to be Held at MATC's Mequon Campus June 14-16
- Free Showing of "The Intern"
- Big Cedar Lake Resorts & Businesses
- WAUKESHA CHOCOLATE FACTORY TO SUPPORT THIS TIME TOMORROW FOUNDATION