The Milwaukee Area Labor Council is holding its 23rd annual Health and Hygiene Drive for the homeless. Two dozen Milwaukee area homeless shelters are in urgent need of health and hygiene products for their clients. The drive started April 9 and runs through June 8. Items needed include: toothbrushes/paste, hair care products, deodorant, laundry detergent, first aid supplies, diapers, feminine hygiene products, paper products and more. Most of us take it for granted that we have shampoo, deodorant and toothpaste. But for so many people, those are luxury items. Donations are down again this year so we need to rally to bring in items by June 8.
Items can be dropped off on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at United Way’s offices at 225 W. Vine St., Milwaukee Area Labor Council offices at 633 S. Hawley Road or any Milwaukee Fire Department station. Monetary donations are also accepted and can be mailed to the Labor Council, with checks payable to Labor Community@Work.
For more information, please call Jay Reinke at (414) 771-9828.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Seniors Winter Pot Luck
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Laundry Room Maintenance
- NORTH SHORE BANK HOSTS BOOK SALE BENEFITING ADULT LITERACY CENTER OF OZAUKEE COUNTY
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: February schedule
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Model Train Show March 6th Cedarburg, WI
- Chicago Block Clubs and Social Justice Examined in Talk at UWM, Feb. 26
- Author Discusses Book on Milwaukee's School Choice Movement, at UWM on Feb. 23