Keith T. Oldham, M.D., professor and chief of pediatric surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been elected president of the American Pediatric Surgical Association (APSA).
Dr. Oldham was selected by his peers as president-elect in 2011, and took office as president at the APSA annual meeting in May 2012. During his one-year term, Dr. Oldham will work to support APSA’s missions to ensure optimal surgical care of patients their families, to promote excellence in the field, and to foster a vibrant and viable community of pediatric surgeons.
Dr. Oldham, who is the Marie Z. Uihlein Chair, is Surgeon-in-Chief, and Clinical Vice President of Surgery at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, received his medical degree from the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond, Va., in 1976. He completed his surgical residency at the University of Washington in Seattle, and did a fellowship in pediatric surgery at Children's Hospital Medical Center at the University of Cincinnati.
Dr. Oldham is a prolific researcher and clinician; he has authored more than 130 peer-reviewed articles and dozens of books, chapters and reviews. He belongs to 30 professional surgical and medical organizations, and has served in a variety of leadership roles in those organizations.
He will hold the office of president of APSA until May 2013, and will then serve one year as immediate past-president.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Form Cardiothoracic Surgery Alliance
- Shorewood Library's Annual Summer Celebration
- Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert July 23, 2014 7:00pm
- MUSIC AND FACE PAINTING
- Plein Air Painting Competition Announced as Part of Concordia's Lake Moon Festival Aug. 9
- MUSIC & FACE PAINTING AT THE MARKET
- KITCHEN DRIVE FOR VETERANS IN NEED
- Harbor Senior Living Development Construction Begins
- Concordia University Wisconsin Announces Four Musical Acts For Its Lake Moon Festival August 9
- Immediate Need for O Negative Blood Donors