Feeding Mouths, Filling Minds will travel to East Africa this November to equip Huruma Children’s Home with self-sustaining food systems. A team of six volunteers will buy chickens and repair a chicken coop. These laying chickens will provide the eggs needed for protein to feed the 250 children at the orphanage. Beyond the critical protein source, Feeding Mouths, Filling Minds will teach the children and leaders how to compost. This is critical to enhance the soil’s low nitrate levels and allow more vegetable output. Overall, it’s a joint goal of Feeding Mouths, Filling Minds and Huruma Children’s Home to produce long-standing food results and ongoing sustainability.
Feeding Mouths, Filling Minds is ending childhood hunger by building self-sustaining food supply for schools, orphanages, and communities around the world. Through teaching orphanages and schools in these communities how to develop and maintain their own food sources, Feeding Mouths, Filling Minds provides skills that will allow them to become self-sustaining and financially capable of providing for themselves. The organization was founded by Pewaukee residents, Maria Nicholas-Groves and Grant Groves. To learn more, visit http://www.feedingmouthsfillingminds.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- BBB's 8 Tips to Avoid Locksmith Scams
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- Chanukah in the Chocolate Factory!
- Kick Off Chanukah at East Side Public Menorah Celebration
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- "The Nutcracker" returns December 13-27, 2014
- St.. Jude Kindergartners Share the Warmth This Holiday Season