Local actress Jessica Machna will appear as Dolley Madison, the wife of the fourth U.S. President James Madison and First Lady, 1809-1817, in the Glendale Senior Citizens' Clubroom on the lower level of Glenhills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale. The event is scheduled for Wednesday, November 14, 1:30 p.m.
Legend has it that she ordered the removal of the Gilbert Stuart painting of George Washington as the British advanced on the White House during the War of 1812. It is also said that she introduced the White House egg rolling contests that are still held on the grounds on Easter Monday.
The performance is free, and refreshments will be served afterwards. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New "Sporkies" Food Competition Has Wisconsin State Fair Vendors Competing For Coveted Golden Spork Award
- Eastcastle Place Senior Living Community Earns Perfect 100 on Walk Score®
- Free Movie Showing
- Assurant Health ranks on southeast Wisconsin Top Workplaces list
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- GRAEF RECOGNIZED BY AMERICAN COUNCIL OF ENGINEERING COMPANIES
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Shorewood Schools celebrate Art Week
- River Cruise Seminar
- Milwaukee Handbell Ensemble's 10th Anniversary Concert