Local actress Jessica Machna will appear as Dolley Madison, the wife of the fourth U.S. President James Madison and First Lady, 1809-1817, in the Glendale Senior Citizens' Clubroom on the lower level of Glenhills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale. The event is scheduled for Wednesday, November 14, 1:30 p.m.
Legend has it that she ordered the removal of the Gilbert Stuart painting of George Washington as the British advanced on the White House during the War of 1812. It is also said that she introduced the White House egg rolling contests that are still held on the grounds on Easter Monday.
The performance is free, and refreshments will be served afterwards. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Capuchin Friar Visits Catholic East for Vocation Day
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19