The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will watch "The Way" in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale. The showing will begin at 1 p.m., Wednesday, November 28.
The film is a joint venture between Martin Sheen and his son Emilio Estevez. When his son dies while hiking the 450 mile Camino de Santiago, a medieval Christian pilgrimage across the Pyranees in Northern Spain, an American doctor (Sheen) goes to retrieve his body and ends up hiking the trail with a motley collection of lost souls. These include an overweight Dutchman seeking to regain his wife's desire, a Canadian fleeing domestic abuse, and an Irish travel writer suffering "writer's block."
Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. For further information, call (414) 540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How to Avoid Your Own Personal Financial Crisis
- "The Life & Music of Woody Guthrie for Ukulele" with Lil' Rev, March 15 at Cascio
- Shorewood Allstate Agent Offers Spring Safety Advice
- March 7 Talk: "A Global Geologic Exploration of Life after Earth’s Largest Mass Extinction"
- March 2, Lecture on Art at the Edges of Maps at UWM
- Don't Miss the Condo Tradeshow
- Seniors Anniversary Party
- Dynamic Duos
- Summer Ballet Auditions at the Academy of Classical Ballet
- What Connects Prayer with Healing?