The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will watch "The Way" in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale. The showing will begin at 1 p.m., Wednesday, November 28.
The film is a joint venture between Martin Sheen and his son Emilio Estevez. When his son dies while hiking the 450 mile Camino de Santiago, a medieval Christian pilgrimage across the Pyranees in Northern Spain, an American doctor (Sheen) goes to retrieve his body and ends up hiking the trail with a motley collection of lost souls. These include an overweight Dutchman seeking to regain his wife's desire, a Canadian fleeing domestic abuse, and an Irish travel writer suffering "writer's block."
Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. For further information, call (414) 540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Christmas at Balmoral Castle
- Lutheran Home Hires Wolkomir as Social Services Director
- Registration for Summer Classes Now Open
- Danceworks Student Showcase: A Whimsical Waltz in Wonderland
- Danceworks Mad Hot Ballroom and Tap Competition
- UWM, MATC and MPS Leaders To Speak On Collaborative Efforts Between Milwaukee Public Education Institutions on May 13 at UWM
- Sculptor of "Topos" at new MPL East Library to Talk at UWM May 3
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers May 13 Panel Discussion on “Enhancing Your Home’s Curb Appeal”
- Bartelt Wins 2015 Chrysalis Award
- Integrated Health Network of Wisconsin Names CFO