The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will watch "The Way" in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale. The showing will begin at 1 p.m., Wednesday, November 28.
The film is a joint venture between Martin Sheen and his son Emilio Estevez. When his son dies while hiking the 450 mile Camino de Santiago, a medieval Christian pilgrimage across the Pyranees in Northern Spain, an American doctor (Sheen) goes to retrieve his body and ends up hiking the trail with a motley collection of lost souls. These include an overweight Dutchman seeking to regain his wife's desire, a Canadian fleeing domestic abuse, and an Irish travel writer suffering "writer's block."
Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. For further information, call (414) 540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- BBB's 8 Tips to Avoid Locksmith Scams
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- Chanukah in the Chocolate Factory!
- Kick Off Chanukah at East Side Public Menorah Celebration
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- "The Nutcracker" returns December 13-27, 2014
- St.. Jude Kindergartners Share the Warmth This Holiday Season
- St. Robert Sunday School Students Aid Milwaukee's Poor