Shorewood resident named medical director of Froedtert & Medical College Cancer Network
Milwaukee, Wis. (November 29, 2012) — Medical College of Wisconsin radiation oncologist and Shorewood resident Candice Johnstone, MD, MPH, has been appointed medical director of Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Network. The appointment is effective immediately.
Dr. Johnstone has served as medical director of radiation oncology at Froedtert Health St. Joseph’s Hospital in West Bend since she joined the Medical College of Wisconsin faculty in January 2011. As medical director of the Cancer Network, Dr. Johnstone will lead its clinical operations and oversee coordination and development of network sites. She also is responsible for assuring clinical quality, care access and patient satisfaction goals are met.
Dr Johnstone received a bachelor’s degree from Harvard College in 1995 and earned her medical degree from New York University School of Medicine in 2000. She received a master’s degree in public health from Harvard School of Public Health in 2004. In 2001, she was awarded a four-year clinical fellowship in radiation oncology at Harvard Medical School’s Joint Center for Radiation Therapy, and from 2005-2010, was an assistant professor of medicine at Dartmouth Medical School. She is certified in radiation oncology by the American Board of Radiology.
Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Network is an alliance between eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center and community cancer centers in Menomonee Falls and West Bend. Medical College of Wisconsin cancer specialists collaborate with surgeons and other community physicians to deliver patient centered, high quality care in the community. Highly specialized treatments and additional clinical trials are available when needed through a connection to Froedtert & The Medical College.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Form Cardiothoracic Surgery Alliance
- Shorewood Library's Annual Summer Celebration
- Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert July 23, 2014 7:00pm
- MUSIC AND FACE PAINTING
- Plein Air Painting Competition Announced as Part of Concordia's Lake Moon Festival Aug. 9
- MUSIC & FACE PAINTING AT THE MARKET
- KITCHEN DRIVE FOR VETERANS IN NEED
- Harbor Senior Living Development Construction Begins
- Concordia University Wisconsin Announces Four Musical Acts For Its Lake Moon Festival August 9
- Immediate Need for O Negative Blood Donors