Amy Speller, a Shorewood resident, is being recognized for her efforts as a key contributor to Northwestern Mutual’s 2012 United Way of Greater Milwaukee’s employee campaign.
Speller has supported United Way for seven years, evolving from volunteer participant to new business department coordinator. As part of her key role, Speller helped lead the campaign to success by rallying more than 400 fellow Northwestern Mutual co-workers in the new business department.
More than $4 million was raised this year from employee, retiree and Northwestern Mutual Foundation contributions – a new record. As a result of community-wide giving, United Way will help more than 400,000 people by strategically funding more than 160 programs in education, income and health.
“Because of Amy’s leadership, United Way will be able to strengthen the communities where our employees live and work,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation.”
More than 1,000 Northwestern Mutual employees donate 21,000 hours each year to community volunteer efforts – including United Way – through group activities, mentoring, charity drives and service on nonprofit boards.
“It’s a wonderful feeling to ask my fellow employees to give to a critical cause – and then have them step up and give back in such a big way,” said Speller. “It’s exciting to know that United Way partners will have an extra $4 million this year to help people-in-need across the Milwaukee area.”
Northwestern Mutual is a leading corporate donor to United Way of Greater Milwaukee, having contributed more than $31 million over the last 10 years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Print all In new window NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- What I earned By Serving on the School Board
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- Glendale Mayoral Forum held on March 24
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Try out field hockey with LIFT!
- New! LIFT Field Hockey!
- Exploring Health Innovations Inspired by the Care of Military Personnel
- Shakespeare Explains Life in Renaissance England
- “Match Day” reveals future plans for new doctors