International Dance Artist Bahaia to perform with Shorewood Resident on Saturday, March 2,
SHOREWOOD, Wis. -- Oriental dance artist Bahaia and the region's best professional Middle Eastern dancers, including Samantha Fairuz of Shorewood and Denise Sedmak, will be providing the 11th annual evening of belly dancing on Saturday, March 2nd at 7:30 p.m. at the Humphrey Scottish Rite Masonic Center, 790 North Van Buren Street.
The performance will follow an all-day workshop led by Bahaia for area dancers of all skill levels.
Bahaia is a featured video artist of Cheeky Girls Productions, appearing in 3 solo instructional titles and six additional performance and instructional productions. She is a member of Sabaya Bellydance Collective and the founder and president of the Aria Dance Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to promoting belly dance as art. She is director and Choreographer for the Kan Zaman Dancers performance troupe.
She will be joined by Milwaukee performers Samantha Fairuz, Safar Dance Company; Denise, Denai's Dancers; Galatea and Tamarind; and Chicago performers Sonya and Zo'hra.
Tickets for the Saturday evening show are $14 in advance and $16 at the door. The Saturday workshop is $65 in advance, and runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, March 2. An advanced Sunday workshop will be held at the Comfort Inn and Suites Lakeshore in downtown Milwaukee from 11-3 a.m. on the 3rd. The Sunday workshop is $40 in advance.
For more information,including how to register or purchase tickets, visit www.SamanthaFairuz.com or call 414-226-0070. A high-resolution photo of Bahaia is also available upon request.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- BBB's 8 Tips to Avoid Locksmith Scams
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- Chanukah in the Chocolate Factory!
- Kick Off Chanukah at East Side Public Menorah Celebration
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- "The Nutcracker" returns December 13-27, 2014
- St.. Jude Kindergartners Share the Warmth This Holiday Season
- St. Robert Sunday School Students Aid Milwaukee's Poor