International Dance Artist Bahaia to perform with Shorewood Resident on Saturday, March 2,
SHOREWOOD, Wis. -- Oriental dance artist Bahaia and the region's best professional Middle Eastern dancers, including Samantha Fairuz of Shorewood and Denise Sedmak, will be providing the 11th annual evening of belly dancing on Saturday, March 2nd at 7:30 p.m. at the Humphrey Scottish Rite Masonic Center, 790 North Van Buren Street.
The performance will follow an all-day workshop led by Bahaia for area dancers of all skill levels.
Bahaia is a featured video artist of Cheeky Girls Productions, appearing in 3 solo instructional titles and six additional performance and instructional productions. She is a member of Sabaya Bellydance Collective and the founder and president of the Aria Dance Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to promoting belly dance as art. She is director and Choreographer for the Kan Zaman Dancers performance troupe.
She will be joined by Milwaukee performers Samantha Fairuz, Safar Dance Company; Denise, Denai's Dancers; Galatea and Tamarind; and Chicago performers Sonya and Zo'hra.
Tickets for the Saturday evening show are $14 in advance and $16 at the door. The Saturday workshop is $65 in advance, and runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, March 2. An advanced Sunday workshop will be held at the Comfort Inn and Suites Lakeshore in downtown Milwaukee from 11-3 a.m. on the 3rd. The Sunday workshop is $40 in advance.
For more information,including how to register or purchase tickets, visit www.SamanthaFairuz.com or call 414-226-0070. A high-resolution photo of Bahaia is also available upon request.
- Celebrate Summer at the Annual East Side Community BBQ!
- Village plans Parade and Other Festivities for 4th of July
- Shorewood Students Part of Summer STEM Program GE Girls
- Local Soccer Player to Be Honored by Chicago MLS
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Lake Geneva Mail Boat Tour and Luncheon
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour Saturday
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour
- CIGAR NETWORKERS OF MILWAUKEE PRESENTS SMOKE ON THE WATER