If you received jewelry for Valentine’s Day you might want to consider insuring it. “Many people don’t wear their jewelry because they are afraid they might lose it,” said Andrew McCabe. “Some pieces hold sentimental value that can never be replaced, but when our customers choose proper insurance coverage on jewels it gives them confidence and peace of mind that they are financially protected when the unexpected happens.”
Most homeowners, renters or condo insurance policies limit coverage for personal items such as jewelry, furs or couture accessories to between $500 and $2,500, depending on the policy. Jewels like engagement rings, necklaces, bracelets or earrings that exceed that amount, may need additional coverage to help ensure they’re protected. Allstate’s Scheduled Personal Property (SPP) product covers most valuable items like jewelry against perils like fire, theft and loss.
Allstate’s tips to insure your jewelry
• Have a detailed appraisal and be sure to keep the bill of sale. To keep coverage current, have jewelry appraised every five years.
• Keep and maintain an inventory of jewelry and individual valuables - this should be part of a broader home inventory to help better understand everything someone owns.
• Review your current insurance coverage to determine protection levels.
For more information on this, contact Allstate agent Andrew McCabe at 414-961-1166 or check out our website www.allstate.com/andrewmccabe.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Capuchin Friar Visits Catholic East for Vocation Day
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19