Healthcare Power of Attorney and Advance Directives: Costly Mistakes and Common Misperceptions
Laurel Oaks senior community is hosting a free educational seminar entitled, "Healthcare Power of Attorney and Advance Directives: Costly Mistakes and Common Misperceptions." There are many misperceptions surrounding these important legal documents that should be part of your estate planning.
The public is invited to attend this free program as our speaker, Atty. John T. Bannen of Quarles & Brady LLP, explains these documents and the value of having them in place. He’ll discuss:
• The importance of having someone who will make your health care decisions and who can access your medical information if you are unable to do so
• Extraordinary measures to consider
• Difficulties that can present themselves if planning is not done properly
This program will provide you with information you need to know so when you set up your documents, you will have peace of mind that your wishes will be followed and that you’ll be spared legal complications down the line.
The program will be held on Thursday, September 26th from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. at Laurel Oaks, 1700 W. Bender Road in Glendale. A light supper will be served at 5:30 pm. Tours of Laurel Oaks will be available after the program. Please RSVP to 414-351-0505 by September 23rd if interested in attending.
Laurel Oaks is a Laureate Group senior community and offers independent and assisted living apartments as well as compassionate Alzheimer’s/dementia care. For more information, visit www.laureategroup.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success
- Danceworks Youth Performance Company (DYPC) in GINGERBREAD EXPRESS
- Unwind with Stress-free Holiday Shopping in Shorewood
- Local Allstate Agent Andrew McCabe Offers Tips on Avoiding Winter Freeze
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Dec. 8, Layton's Legacy: A Historic American Art Collection, 1888-2013
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah