Nine members of the team ERacers, led by Jennifer Conigliaro of Shorewood, rode in this year’s Bike MS: TOYOTA Best Dam Bike Ride, August 3-4. The team pledged to raise more than $20,000 and so far has brought in more than $17,000.
Because of their commitment to raise more than $20,000, the team was designated one of the event’s Silver Spokes Teams, joining 12 other teams who pledged that level of giving. The money raised helps fund multiple sclerosis-related research, programs and services.
The 30th annual Bike MS: TOYOTA Best Dam Bike Ride brought together nearly 1,700 riders and volunteers for the two-day event, which traveled from WCTC in Pewaukee to UW-Whitewater on Saturday, and from UW-Whitewater to WPS Health Insurance in Madison. Riders chose from 50-, 75- or 100-mile route options each day. Each rider was asked to raise a minimum of $300. More than $1 million has already been raised.
Donations are still being accepted by phone at (262) 369-4400 (toll-free 800-242-3358) and online at wisMS.org (click on “Donate”).
Registration for next year’s 31st annual Bike MS: Best Dam Bike Ride is already open at bestdambikeride.org or by calling (262) 369-4400 or (800) 242-3358.
MS interrupts the flow of information from the brain to the body and stops people from moving. It is an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system. Symptoms range from numbness and tingling to blindness and paralysis. Most people are diagnosed between the ages of 20 and 50, with MS two to three times more common in women than men. While the progress, severity and specific symptoms of MS in any one person cannot yet be predicted, advances in research and treatment are giving hope to those affected by the disease. More than 10,000 children, women and men have been diagnosed in Wisconsin, believed to be one of the higher prevalence rates in the nation.
MS stops people from moving. We exist to make sure it doesn’t.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success
- Danceworks Youth Performance Company (DYPC) in GINGERBREAD EXPRESS
- Unwind with Stress-free Holiday Shopping in Shorewood
- Local Allstate Agent Andrew McCabe Offers Tips on Avoiding Winter Freeze
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Dec. 8, Layton's Legacy: A Historic American Art Collection, 1888-2013
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah