Shorewood Senior Resource Center to Sponsor Trip to Jewish Museum and Lake Park Bistro
The Shorewood Senior Resource Center (SSRC) will sponsor a trip to the Milwaukee Jewish Museum, to be followed by lunch at Lake Park Bistro on Thursday, January 30, from 9:15 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
The Jewish Museum is dedicated to cultivating awareness of the past and preserving Milwaukee’s Jewish heritage for future generations. Through moving stories, artifacts and oral histories, a narrated tour will tell the story of the customs and culture of the Milwaukee Jewish community. There will also be a special Andy Warhol exhibit, “10 Portraits of Jews of the 20th Century,” which includes Albert Einstein, Sigmund Freud, Golda Meir, Gertrude Stein and even the Marx Brothers.
Participants will then enjoy lunch at Lake Park Bistro, choosing either salmon or boeuf Bourguignon on the registration form for this trip. The cost of the trip is $39 for Shorewood residents and $42 for nonresidents. This covers the cost of school bus transportation, entrance to the museum and the tour, lunch and gratuities. Those interested must register by January 15, 2014.
More information and registration forms are available at the SSRC. Those interested may also call Elizabeth Price, Coordinator, at (414) 847-2727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How to Avoid Your Own Personal Financial Crisis
- "The Life & Music of Woody Guthrie for Ukulele" with Lil' Rev, March 15 at Cascio
- Shorewood Allstate Agent Offers Spring Safety Advice
- March 7 Talk: "A Global Geologic Exploration of Life after Earth’s Largest Mass Extinction"
- March 2, Lecture on Art at the Edges of Maps at UWM
- Don't Miss the Condo Tradeshow
- Seniors Anniversary Party
- Dynamic Duos
- Summer Ballet Auditions at the Academy of Classical Ballet
- What Connects Prayer with Healing?