Discounted ticket prices and a variety of raffle prizes are just some of the incentives attracting visitors to the 52nd annual Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show at the Wisconsin Exposition Center at State Fair Park in West Allis Thurs., Feb. 13, through Sun., Feb. 16.
People over 60 will be admitted for $4.00, a $1 discount off the regular senior ticket price of $5.00, on Thursday, Feb. 13, for Senior Day sponsored by Callen Construction, Inc. A $2 off admission coupon good on up to four regularly priced adult tickets during each day of the Show is available at www.weathertightcorp.com and in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
In addition, children 16 and younger and all military personnel with a military photo ID card receive free admission.
Advance regular adult admission tickets are available for $5.00 now through Wed., Feb. 12, at the Milwaukee/NARI office and other member locations. A complete list of advance ticket locations is available on the association’s Website at www.milwaukeenari.org.
For the 16th consecutive year, the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation, Inc., will conduct a raffle in conjunction with the Home Improvement Show. With a mission to increase public awareness of the home improvement industry, raffle proceeds are used to fund scholarships, purchase tools and equipment, and support educational programs to help encourage and train young people and displaced workers interested in the professional remodeling industry. The raffle prizes available are as follows:
• $1,000.00 gift certificate for a Carrier product and installation by 1st Choice Heating & Cooling
• 42” TV from ABC Audio Video
• $500 Gift Certificate from American TV
• $500 Gift Certificate from Bliffert Lumber
• $500 Gift Certificate from A. Fillinger
• $500 Gift Certificate from Kohler Co.
• Two Cedar Adirondack Chairs from Milwaukee Area Technical College – Downtown Campus
• Wooden Wishing Well from Milwaukee Area Technical College – South Campus
• Wood Entry Door and Installation from Milwaukee Millwork and KS Remodelers
• $500 in Rummage Sale Cash and First on the Grounds at the May 2, Rummage Sale from the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation
• Painter for a day from Proud Precision Painters
• Wood furniture from Racine Case High School
• Two Adirondack Chairs and matching Foot Rests from Waukesha County Technical College
Raffle tickets will be sold in the Milwaukee/NARI Information Center in the center of the Show floor at one for $5.00, three for $10.00, and eight for $20.00. The winning tickets will be drawn at 4:00 p.m. on Sun., Feb. 16 from the Information Center. One need not be present to win.
Cosponsored by the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc., and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the 2014 Show will provide Milwaukee/NARI, the area’s leading home improvement and remodeling industry resource for more than 52 years, with the opportunity to have its members demonstrate for consumers how they can “Put A Little Love in Your Home,” the theme for the Show.
More than 700 booth spaces covering the entire exposition center will feature providers of thousands of home improvement products and services, including kitchens, decks, cabinets, windows, bathrooms, siding, lighting, landscaping, media rooms, wall coverings, lower levels, roofing, fireplaces, and much more.
During the Show, educational presentations by home improvement experts and media celebrities will be held, including presentations on the A. Fillinger Seminar Demonstration Stage by Alison Victoria of HGTV’s “Kitchen Crashers” on Feb. 15 – 16, sponsored by Waste Management of WI, Melinda Myers, The Plant Doctor, Gus Gnorski, Lis Friemoth, “The Garden Hoe”, and Tom Feiza, Mr. Fix-It, presented by J&B Construction. The Cooking Demonstration Stage will feature area chefs and national cooking celebrities, including Mad Dog & Merrill, the grilling buddies.
In addition, the Show will also feature an Outdoor Living Area with a “Wisconsin Wilderness” theme, an Interior Design Room Display contest between college students from four area colleges presented by Nehmey Construction, the “Get Your Motor Runnin’” garage display sponsored by American Garage Builders, the Schlossmann’s Automotive Group vehicle display, Captn Bob & Arlo appearances presented by Wisconsin Hot Rod Radio, a tablescape design competition, the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation fundraising raffle, a Kid’s Creative Zone presented by Special Spaces Wisconsin, live music Fri. – Sun., a mascot basketball game featuring Gerry, the Milwaukee/NARI Carpenter Ant mascot on Feb. 15 at 1:00 p.m., and more.
Hours on Thurs., Feb. 13 are noon – 8:00 p.m., 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Fri., Feb. 14, and Sat., Feb. 15; and 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Sun., Feb. 16.
Admission is $5 in advance, $8 at the door. Tickets for those 60 and older are $5.00, with a special price of $4.00 at the door on Thurs., Feb. 13, for Senior Day sponsored by Callen Construction, Inc. Children 16 and younger and all military personnel with a military photo ID card will be admitted free.
For more information, visit www.milwaukeenari.org or call 414-771-4071.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- ART TO ART: True Stories
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Concordia University Wisconsin to Host 2nd Annual Lake Moon Festival Saturday, Aug. 8
- North Shore Bank to Host to Host "Paws and Claws" Event in Mequon on Aug. 8
- Milwaukee's Inner-City Youth Have a Reason to Read & Succeed
- Increased aircraft activity over Milwaukee this week
- Breadsmith's Fundraiser for Hunger Task Force - July 22
- Breadsmith's Fundraiser for Hunger Task Force - July 22
- Hyde Park MKE's Fashion Show
- Fairy Tale Fantasy