The Shorewood Senior Resource Center (SSRC) will hold its fourth annual wellness morning, "Spring into Wellness," on Wednesday, April 2. It will take place from 9 a.m. - noon at the Resource Center, which is located on the lower level of the Shorewood Library, 3920 N. Murray Ave. All workshops and presentations are free.
From 9 a.m. - noon, there will be private memory screenings; vision, hearing, balance and cardiac wellness screenings; hand grip strength evaluations, blood pressure checks and more. Healthy snacks, coffee and tea will be available free of charge throughout the morning.
Special demonstrations and workshops include: a Zumba Gold class from 9:15 - 9:45 a.m. with Mimi Oxman; a relaxation class, "Developing Positive Emotional Habits/The Emotional Habits of Happy People,' with certified Stress Management Consultant Elizabeth Lewis from 10 - 11:30 a.m.; a Feldenkreis demonstration with Laura Sebastian from 10:30 - 10:45 a.m.; and a sampling of vegetable chickpea curry, a vegetarian Indian dish prepared by Sivakumari Pattormadom Parvati, from 11:30 a.m. - noon. Door prizes will be drawn every hour.
For more information, contact Elizabeth Price, Coordinator of the SSRC, at (414) 847-2727 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- BBB's 8 Tips to Avoid Locksmith Scams
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- Chanukah in the Chocolate Factory!
- Kick Off Chanukah at East Side Public Menorah Celebration
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- "The Nutcracker" returns December 13-27, 2014
- St.. Jude Kindergartners Share the Warmth This Holiday Season