The Shorewood Senior Resource Center (SSRC) will hold its fourth annual wellness morning, "Spring into Wellness," on Wednesday, April 2. It will take place from 9 a.m. - noon at the Resource Center, which is located on the lower level of the Shorewood Library, 3920 N. Murray Ave. All workshops and presentations are free.
From 9 a.m. - noon, there will be private memory screenings; vision, hearing, balance and cardiac wellness screenings; hand grip strength evaluations, blood pressure checks and more. Healthy snacks, coffee and tea will be available free of charge throughout the morning.
Special demonstrations and workshops include: a Zumba Gold class from 9:15 - 9:45 a.m. with Mimi Oxman; a relaxation class, "Developing Positive Emotional Habits/The Emotional Habits of Happy People,' with certified Stress Management Consultant Elizabeth Lewis from 10 - 11:30 a.m.; a Feldenkreis demonstration with Laura Sebastian from 10:30 - 10:45 a.m.; and a sampling of vegetable chickpea curry, a vegetarian Indian dish prepared by Sivakumari Pattormadom Parvati, from 11:30 a.m. - noon. Door prizes will be drawn every hour.
For more information, contact Elizabeth Price, Coordinator of the SSRC, at (414) 847-2727 or email@example.com.
- Shorewood Students Part of Summer STEM Program GE Girls
- Local Soccer Player to Be Honored by Chicago MLS
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Lake Geneva Mail Boat Tour and Luncheon
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour Saturday
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour
- CIGAR NETWORKERS OF MILWAUKEE PRESENTS SMOKE ON THE WATER
- Oconomowoc Banker, Mark Mohr, to Serve on Wisconsin Bankers Association Board
- Summer Reading Programs at the Whitefish Bay Public Library