The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will watch "Songcatcher" in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, at 1 p.m., March 26. The film centers on a musicologist, passed over for a prominent teaching position, who leaves the city to visit her sister in the rugged mountains of Appalachia. Here she discovers a wellspring of emotional tunes passed down from the original Irish and Scottish immigrants who settled in these parts. Janet McTeer, Jane Adams, Aiden Quinn, and Iris DeMent are featured. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Stritch Community Orchestra to perform debut concert on Nov. 20
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Offer Tips to Protect Your Home From Winter’s Chill
- Stritch Theater to perform "Kindertransport"
- Music And Dance in Abundance at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Memories of World War II
- Free Showing of "The Butler"
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Hosts 2015 Savannah and Atlanta Food Tour
- Thriving Downtown Vital to Communty’s Economic Development Success
- Corporate Technology Solutions Hires Stevens