The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will watch "Songcatcher" in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, at 1 p.m., March 26. The film centers on a musicologist, passed over for a prominent teaching position, who leaves the city to visit her sister in the rugged mountains of Appalachia. Here she discovers a wellspring of emotional tunes passed down from the original Irish and Scottish immigrants who settled in these parts. Janet McTeer, Jane Adams, Aiden Quinn, and Iris DeMent are featured. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Freaky Friday Dance
- Katie Wilson, Mequon Resident and Homestead Senior to represent the USA in the 2015 FIS Junior World Snowboard Championships in China
- Lecture on Increase Lapham, Mapmaker at UWM
- Public Hearing on Central District Master Plan
- Alverno Presents Joe Westerlund’s Grandma Sparrow & His Piddletractor Orchestra
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March
- Black History Month, Celebrate Smokers Quitting and Becoming a Part of History
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday