SHOREWOOD SENIOR CENTER TO SPONSOR TRIP TO HISTORIC DOWNTOWN AND MENOMONEE RIVER VALLEY
The Shorewood Senior Resource Center (SSRC) will sponsor a day trip to historic downtown Milwaukee and the revitalized Menomonee River Valley on Wednesday, April 30, from 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Kathy Kean, of Historic Milwaukee, Inc., will guide participants on a tour to illustrate the evolution of Milwaukee from a 19th century trading post to a 21st century city. There will be a visit to various working class ethnic neighborhoods, still alive today. Visitors will also see award-winning sustainable green design projects and areas that have been revitalized for business and recreation.
The tour will finish with a brief visit to the grounds of the National Home for Disabled Veterans, signed into law just five days before Lincoln's death in April 1865.
Lunch will be at the historic 1882 Turner Hall, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The cost of the tour is $47 for Shorewood residents and members of the Shorewood Historical Society and $49 for nonresidents. This includes motor coach transportation, the Historic Milwaukee step-on guide, lunch and the bus driver gratuity. Participants will get off the bus twice on this tour. The coach will leave from the SSRC, 3920 N. Murray Ave., at 10 a.m.
A registration form with menu choices is available at the SSRC office or can be e-mailed upon request. For more information and to register, contact Elizabeth Price, SSRC Coordinator, at (414) 847-2727 or email@example.com. Participants must register by Thursday, April 17, 2014.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Work At Home Scam Targets College Students
- From Hollywood to Holy Wood!
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop
- Daddy & Daughter Dance Party
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- St. Robert Annual Pancake Breakfast/School Open House this Sunday
- Bartelt Wins Two Gold Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards
- MCW to host community mental health series
- Shorewood School District to Participate in National Day of Service