Paula Krukar, science teacher at Whitefish Bay High School, was presented the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association, District IV, Challenge Award by WREA Executive Director, David Bennett, and WREA Treasurer, Douglas Chickering, at the school’s faculty meeting on Tuesday, April 29th. “Putting the Fun Back In Science” was the award winning entry from Krukar.
The Challenge Award program gives $2,000 grants annually, in each of WREA’s five districts, in recognition of an innovative educational program. Krukar accepted the check and a small red wagon symbolizing the assistance every child needs from a caring adult. On May 15th, Krukar will be a guest at the WREA District IV meeting. She will share with those in attendance specifics of “Putting the Fun Back In Science”.
The Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association is a state wide organization of retired public school teachers with over 13,500 members and 66 local units. The Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers’ Association (MARTA) is the local unit that encompasses Whitefish Bay High School and all other public school districts in Milwaukee County. Since 1951, WREA has served as a professional organization representing Wisconsin’s retired education community and supporting public education in numerous ways including student scholarships and teacher grants.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale's 4th of July Celebration & 65th Birthday
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Capuchin Friar Visits Catholic East for Vocation Day
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour