Paula Krukar, science teacher at Whitefish Bay High School, was presented the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association, District IV, Challenge Award by WREA Executive Director, David Bennett, and WREA Treasurer, Douglas Chickering, at the school’s faculty meeting on Tuesday, April 29th. “Putting the Fun Back In Science” was the award winning entry from Krukar.
The Challenge Award program gives $2,000 grants annually, in each of WREA’s five districts, in recognition of an innovative educational program. Krukar accepted the check and a small red wagon symbolizing the assistance every child needs from a caring adult. On May 15th, Krukar will be a guest at the WREA District IV meeting. She will share with those in attendance specifics of “Putting the Fun Back In Science”.
The Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association is a state wide organization of retired public school teachers with over 13,500 members and 66 local units. The Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers’ Association (MARTA) is the local unit that encompasses Whitefish Bay High School and all other public school districts in Milwaukee County. Since 1951, WREA has served as a professional organization representing Wisconsin’s retired education community and supporting public education in numerous ways including student scholarships and teacher grants.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- Hiring Begins for Rogers Memorial Hospital–Brown Deer
- Work At Home Scam Targets College Students
- From Hollywood to Holy Wood!
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop
- Daddy & Daughter Dance Party
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- St. Robert Annual Pancake Breakfast/School Open House this Sunday
- Bartelt Wins Two Gold Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards