Laura Elizabeth Miller of Shorewood, Wis., was one of 188 students to receive a doctor of medicine degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee at its 101st annual commencement exercises, May 16th, at The Milwaukee Theater.
Dr. Miller is the daughter of Dr. John and Mrs. Cheryl Miller. She earned a master of science degree from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine in 2010. Following graduation, she will begin a combined residency in pediatrics and internal medicine at Duke University in Durham, N.C.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is the state’s only private medical school and health sciences graduate school. Founded in 1893, it is dedicated to leadership and excellence in education, patient care, research and community engagement. More than 1,200 students are enrolled in the Medical College’s medical school and graduate school programs in Milwaukee. New regional medical education campuses are opening in Green Bay in 2015, and in Central Wisconsin in 2016, with each recruiting initial classes of 15-20 students. A major national research center, MCW is the largest research institution in the Milwaukee metro area and second largest in Wisconsin. In FY 2012-13, faculty received approximately $160 million in external support for research, teaching, training and related purposes, of which approximately $144 million is for research. This total includes highly competitive research and training awards from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Annually, College faculty direct or collaborate on more than 2,000 research studies, including clinical trials. Additionally, more than 1,350 physicians provide care in virtually every specialty of medicine for more than 425,000 patients annually.
- Shorewood Students Part of Summer STEM Program GE Girls
- Local Soccer Player to Be Honored by Chicago MLS
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Lake Geneva Mail Boat Tour and Luncheon
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour Saturday
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour
- CIGAR NETWORKERS OF MILWAUKEE PRESENTS SMOKE ON THE WATER
- Oconomowoc Banker, Mark Mohr, to Serve on Wisconsin Bankers Association Board
- Summer Reading Programs at the Whitefish Bay Public Library