Laura Elizabeth Miller of Shorewood, Wis., was one of 188 students to receive a doctor of medicine degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee at its 101st annual commencement exercises, May 16th, at The Milwaukee Theater.
Dr. Miller is the daughter of Dr. John and Mrs. Cheryl Miller. She earned a master of science degree from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine in 2010. Following graduation, she will begin a combined residency in pediatrics and internal medicine at Duke University in Durham, N.C.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is the state’s only private medical school and health sciences graduate school. Founded in 1893, it is dedicated to leadership and excellence in education, patient care, research and community engagement. More than 1,200 students are enrolled in the Medical College’s medical school and graduate school programs in Milwaukee. New regional medical education campuses are opening in Green Bay in 2015, and in Central Wisconsin in 2016, with each recruiting initial classes of 15-20 students. A major national research center, MCW is the largest research institution in the Milwaukee metro area and second largest in Wisconsin. In FY 2012-13, faculty received approximately $160 million in external support for research, teaching, training and related purposes, of which approximately $144 million is for research. This total includes highly competitive research and training awards from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Annually, College faculty direct or collaborate on more than 2,000 research studies, including clinical trials. Additionally, more than 1,350 physicians provide care in virtually every specialty of medicine for more than 425,000 patients annually.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Repertory Theater Children's Audition Notice: A Christmas Carol
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- Ukranian Folk Rock Will Wrap Up Alverno Presents' 55th Season
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Seniors Trip to Brewers-Dodgers Game
- TRIPLE-THREAT RYAN CAPPLEMAN STARS IN SIDENOTES CABARET AT SUNSET PLAYHOUSE
- International Institute of Wisconsin to Host Annual World Citizen Celebration Dinner
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.
- Concordia University Announces New Dean for its School of Business Administration