Chief Master Sergeant (USAF, Ret) and Eastern New Mexico University Instructor Emeritus of Educational Studies, Billy K. Gaedke Jr, a 1949 graduate of Shorewood High School, was inducted into the Clovis High School Purple Pride Hall of Honors, May 10, 2014.
Gaedke was recognized as "2014 Topcat" for the CHS Wildcats and Lady Wildcats for distinguished service as AFJROTC instructor, coach of volleyball and track, social studies teacher, and 35 years as sports public address announcer (voice of the Wildcats) for volleyball, football, boys and girls basketball, track and field, and spirit competition. His honors include three times outstanding AFJROTC instructor worldwide, Air Force Association Medal of Merit, Clovis Municipal Schools' volunteer of the year, 1999, and the New Mexico Activities Association Sportsman of the Year (2001).
Gaedke's induction came within five days of his induction at Eastern New Mexico University, Portales NM, in the Distinguished Emeritus Faculty Hall of Honors. He was recognized for his contributions to the excellence of ENMU's teacher preparation program and monitoring of the College of Education and Technology scholarship applications as chair since 2000.
He continues to teach Classroom Management and Discipline in Secondary Schools and chair the scholarship committee at ENMU and looks forward to his 36th year as public address voice of the Wildcats in the school year beginning in August, 2014.
Gaedke, 82, lives with his wife of 59 years in Clovis, New Mexico.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- BBB's 8 Tips to Avoid Locksmith Scams
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- Chanukah in the Chocolate Factory!
- Kick Off Chanukah at East Side Public Menorah Celebration
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- "The Nutcracker" returns December 13-27, 2014
- St.. Jude Kindergartners Share the Warmth This Holiday Season
- St. Robert Sunday School Students Aid Milwaukee's Poor