The eighth annual Chalk Art Festival will be held Saturday, August 16 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, August 17 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Bayshore Town Center. The event is presented by Bayshore Town Center in partnership with Welcome to Glendale, the City of Glendale’s Convention and Visitors Bureau, the Riverwest Artists Association and the North Shore Academy for the Arts.
On Saturday, August 16, attendees of this free festival will be able to watch more than 60 local and national artists create works of sidewalk chart art and vote on their favorite pieces in six categories: People’s Choice, Most Likely to be Hung in a Museum, Best Use of Color, Artist Youth Award, Best Animal and the newest addition, Best Dinosaur. The winner of “Best Dinosaur” will receive suite-level tickets to the arena spectacular, Walking With Dinosaurs at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Additional activities in the Town Square will include musical performances by:
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: MYSO New Orleans Jazz Stompers
• 2 to 3 p.m.: School of Rock Shorewood House Band
• 4 to 6 p.m.: Home by Midnight
On Sunday, August 17, attendees will be able to see the finished masterpieces and results of the public vote. There will also be entertainment provided in the Town Square, including musical performances by:
• Noon to 2 p.m.: MYSO Jazz Guitar Ensemble
• 4 to 5 p.m.: Jellyfish
The festival will also include workshops for all ages to participate in as well as a Kids Area where children can create their own masterpieces and fun art projects to take home.
The Chalk Art Festival is sponsored by California Pizza Kitchen and North Shore Bank.
Images of creations from past years can be viewed and downloaded at the following link: http://bit.ly/1ugniiR.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Diabetes and oral health in Milwaukee’s Mexican-American community
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces Availability of 2015 Membership Directory