When many Christians think of Lent, they think of Friday fish fries and forgoing some treat. But Kingo Church in Shorewood will observe Lent with pancakes and prayer. Why that combination? In these trying times, the congregation wants to give its members and the greater community both a chance to gather for some fun, and an opportunity to find comfort and encouragement.
The fun will happen at the annual Shrove Tuesday pancake supper on Feb. 24, from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. at the church. Sausages and pancakes with all the trimmings will be on the menu. While there's no charge for the supper, freewill offerings will be accepted.
Prayer services will begin with an Ash Wednesday service on Feb. 25 at 7:00 p.m., featuring the imposition of ashes and Holy Communion. On Wednesday evenings beginning on March 4 and running through April 1, a service featuring the reflective music of Taize and prayers for healing with annointing will be held at 7:00 p.m. The church sanctuary also will be open those Wednesdays from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. for personal meditation.
Kingo is located at the corner of Wilson Drive and Olive Street in Shorewood. While Christians of all traditions are welcome to participate, Kingo also welcomes anyone from the community who would like to gather for community support and encouragement. For more information, call 414 964-2620, or email the church at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- GROWING YOUR BUSINESS IN A DOWN ECONOMY WORKSHOP IS LESS THAN 1 WEEK AWAY
- Make Father’s Day Smoke-Free (An Uphill Battle)
- Mequon Mother and Daughter Duo to Appear in One Act Play Festival
- FREE Summer Concert Series Announced at Hubbard Park
- Village of Shorewood Seeks Artists for Plein Air Art Festival
- Shorewood resident named to Chambers USA 2013 leading lawyer list
- Milwaukee Mechanic Builds a Booming International Bounce-House Business
- Grassroots Northshore Forum
- Seniors Summer Picnic
- Wisconsin Ranks 20th for Senior Health