On Saturday, April 4, Shorewood High School will host the 4th Annual Bob Summy Memorial Spring Challenge, an exciting face-off between two area Division I NCAA men’s soccer teams: the Marquette Golden Eagles and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Panthers. The event will begin at 7 p.m. and ticket prices are $3 for students and $5 for adults. Team mascots will be there and there will be youth soccer match-ups during half-time. The SHS field is located at 1700 East Capitol Drive in Shorewood.
The Bob Summy Memorial Spring Challenge is an annual soccer match-up between the two Milwaukee universities and is named for Downer Avenue Quiznos restaurant owner, the late Bob Summy, a loyal UW-Milwaukee men's soccer fan who died in 2005 at the age of 56. Summy was a financial sponsor of the UWM team and actively worked to recruit businesses to the area for the benefit the student body and the community as a whole. He was passionate about UWM sports, attending games and getting to know all of the players on the team.
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Career and Technical Workshop for Educators to be Held at MATC's Mequon Campus June 14-16
- Free Showing of "The Intern"
- Big Cedar Lake Resorts & Businesses
- WAUKESHA CHOCOLATE FACTORY TO SUPPORT THIS TIME TOMORROW FOUNDATION
- SHOREWOOD CHOCOLATE FACTORY TO SUPPORT THIS TIME TOMORROW FOUNDATION
- Meet a Red, White, and Blue Jew in Milwaukee!
- Shorewood Foundation Appoints Sebastian (Saj) Thachenkary as President
- Local Individuals, Communities And Organizations Honored For Securing Healthy, Sustainable Water Resources