On Saturday, April 4, Shorewood High School will host the 4th Annual Bob Summy Memorial Spring Challenge, an exciting face-off between two area Division I NCAA men’s soccer teams: the Marquette Golden Eagles and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Panthers. The event will begin at 7 p.m. and ticket prices are $3 for students and $5 for adults. Team mascots will be there and there will be youth soccer match-ups during half-time. The SHS field is located at 1700 East Capitol Drive in Shorewood.
The Bob Summy Memorial Spring Challenge is an annual soccer match-up between the two Milwaukee universities and is named for Downer Avenue Quiznos restaurant owner, the late Bob Summy, a loyal UW-Milwaukee men's soccer fan who died in 2005 at the age of 56. Summy was a financial sponsor of the UWM team and actively worked to recruit businesses to the area for the benefit the student body and the community as a whole. He was passionate about UWM sports, attending games and getting to know all of the players on the team.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Storage Ideas for the Kitchen
- Alverno Presents Okwui Okpokwasili: Bronx Gothic
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Seniors Winter Pot Luck
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Laundry Room Maintenance
- NORTH SHORE BANK HOSTS BOOK SALE BENEFITING ADULT LITERACY CENTER OF OZAUKEE COUNTY
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: February schedule
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations