On Saturday, April 4, Shorewood High School will host the 4th Annual Bob Summy Memorial Spring Challenge, an exciting face-off between two area Division I NCAA men’s soccer teams: the Marquette Golden Eagles and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Panthers. The event will begin at 7 p.m. and ticket prices are $3 for students and $5 for adults. Team mascots will be there and there will be youth soccer match-ups during half-time. The SHS field is located at 1700 East Capitol Drive in Shorewood.
The Bob Summy Memorial Spring Challenge is an annual soccer match-up between the two Milwaukee universities and is named for Downer Avenue Quiznos restaurant owner, the late Bob Summy, a loyal UW-Milwaukee men's soccer fan who died in 2005 at the age of 56. Summy was a financial sponsor of the UWM team and actively worked to recruit businesses to the area for the benefit the student body and the community as a whole. He was passionate about UWM sports, attending games and getting to know all of the players on the team.
- Celebrate Summer at the Annual East Side Community BBQ!
- Village plans Parade and Other Festivities for 4th of July
- Shorewood Students Part of Summer STEM Program GE Girls
- Local Soccer Player to Be Honored by Chicago MLS
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Lake Geneva Mail Boat Tour and Luncheon
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour Saturday
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour
- CIGAR NETWORKERS OF MILWAUKEE PRESENTS SMOKE ON THE WATER