The grass is greener, flowers are in bloom, the day is longer, spring is finally here! After a long winter we are at last able to get out and enjoy the warm air. Spring is the perfect time to take pictures outside and with a few tips your photos can look terrific.
“Taking photographs outside is especially gratifying in spring, after a long winter of battling the cold,” says Joy Vertz, founder of Shoot the Moon Photography. “With the warm temperatures come many opportunities to take pictures of this magical season.”
Here are some tips from the professionals at Shoot the Moon to make your springtime photos flourish:
1. Incorporate flowers into your picture taking. Nothing says spring like tulips, daffodils and hyacinths
2. Use the natural sunlight to illuminate your photos
3. Photograph your children playing outside - in the grass, climbing a tree in bloom or on a picnic are fun springtime photo opportunities
4. Make sure the sun is behind you when taking pictures
5. Take photos as life happens – no need for posed pictures
“The most important thing to remember is to get outside and enjoy all that the springtime has to offer,” says Vertz. “Fun photos are sure to follow.”
Shoot the Moon Photography has distinctive fine art portraiture studios in Mequon and Delafield Wisconsin, and has been named Milwaukee’s top photography studio by WISN Channel 12’s A-List for 2007 AND 2008.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Capuchin Friar Visits Catholic East for Vocation Day
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19