The Shorewood Spring Musical is the Tony Award nominee “Into The Woods.” Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, Book by James Lapine. It is a fable for our time: careful of the things you do, children will listen!
An ambivalent Cinderella? A blood-thirsty Little Red Ridinghood? A Prince Charming with a roving eye? A Witch...who raps? They're all among the cockeyed characters in James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim's fractured fairy tale.
When a Baker and his Wife learn they've been cursed with childlessness by the Witch next door, they embark on a quest for the special objects required to break the spell, swindling, lying to and stealing from Cinderella, Little Red, Rapunzel and Jack (the one who climbed the beanstalk). Everyone's wish is granted at the end of Act One, but the consequences of their actions return to haunt them later, with disastrous results. What begins a lively irreverent fantasy in the style of “The Princess Bride” becomes a moving lesson about community responsibility and the stories we tell our children.
The performances will be held in the Shorewood Auditorium on :
May 15 & 16 at 8:00 pm
May 14 at 7:30pm – special student prices - $7.00
The Box Office is open weekdays from 3:30pm-5:00pm. Tickets are $12.00 and children under 10 are $10.00. Please call 414.963.6940 for more information or to reserve your seats.
The first act is of “Into The Woods” is appropriate for all ages and lasts for 70 minutes.
The second act is a little scary and we recommend that your child be at least 7 years of age.
See you at the theater!
- St. Monica Sports NIght
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Ranks Bathroom Flooring Options
- Trip to the Brewers/Angels Game
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Concordia University Wisconsin Offers Safe Disposal of Prescription Drugs
- Catholic Singles Dance
- WFBHS presents: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Emily Hoefler, Whitefish Bay Resident, Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator