The Shorewood Spring Musical is the Tony Award nominee “Into The Woods.” Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, Book by James Lapine. It is a fable for our time: careful of the things you do, children will listen!
An ambivalent Cinderella? A blood-thirsty Little Red Ridinghood? A Prince Charming with a roving eye? A Witch...who raps? They're all among the cockeyed characters in James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim's fractured fairy tale.
When a Baker and his Wife learn they've been cursed with childlessness by the Witch next door, they embark on a quest for the special objects required to break the spell, swindling, lying to and stealing from Cinderella, Little Red, Rapunzel and Jack (the one who climbed the beanstalk). Everyone's wish is granted at the end of Act One, but the consequences of their actions return to haunt them later, with disastrous results. What begins a lively irreverent fantasy in the style of “The Princess Bride” becomes a moving lesson about community responsibility and the stories we tell our children.
The performances will be held in the Shorewood Auditorium on :
May 15 & 16 at 8:00 pm
May 14 at 7:30pm – special student prices - $7.00
The Box Office is open weekdays from 3:30pm-5:00pm. Tickets are $12.00 and children under 10 are $10.00. Please call 414.963.6940 for more information or to reserve your seats.
The first act is of “Into The Woods” is appropriate for all ages and lasts for 70 minutes.
The second act is a little scary and we recommend that your child be at least 7 years of age.
See you at the theater!
- Celebrate Summer at the Annual East Side Community BBQ!
- Village plans Parade and Other Festivities for 4th of July
- Shorewood Students Part of Summer STEM Program GE Girls
- Local Soccer Player to Be Honored by Chicago MLS
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Lake Geneva Mail Boat Tour and Luncheon
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour Saturday
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour
- CIGAR NETWORKERS OF MILWAUKEE PRESENTS SMOKE ON THE WATER