Just about anyone who's had any experience with cancer knows that even after treatment some side effects linger. As survivors return to work, home life and busy routines, they notice changes that should be addressed.
Gilda’s Club will be offering a new series called Post Treatment Networking with lectures offered for the next five Wednesdays to help those who are resuming their lives after cancer treatment.
August 12: “Chemo Brain,” is a lecture with Larry Miller, PsyD, Clinical Health Psychologist, Columbia St. Mary’s Cancer Center. Learn what chemo brain is and if there is a way to alleviate symptoms.
August 19: “Psychological Wellness: What It Is and How To Achieve It,” is a lecture with Esther Grinnell , MSW Program Director. Well being is a state of mind available to everyone. Learn how to achieve a sense of personal and internal health.
August 26: “Comfort Shawls,” is a lecture and demonstration by Marcia Eiseman, artist and storyteller. She uses music, sharing, story-telling and poetry to help people face adversity.
September 2: “Living a Mindful Life” is presented by Paul Norton, MD. He is a practicing Mahayana Buddhist in the tradition of the Vietnamese Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh. He is also a pediatrician, and he practices developmental behavioral pediatrics
September 9: “A Legacy Project” is presented by Bill Morse, a cancer survivor.
Gilda’s Club can provide answers to questions about cancer survivorship. Call 414-962-8201, x. 101 or visit www.gildasclubsewi.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Capuchin Friar Visits Catholic East for Vocation Day
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19