Just about anyone who's had any experience with cancer knows that even after treatment some side effects linger. As survivors return to work, home life and busy routines, they notice changes that should be addressed.
Gilda’s Club will be offering a new series called Post Treatment Networking with lectures offered for the next five Wednesdays to help those who are resuming their lives after cancer treatment.
August 12: “Chemo Brain,” is a lecture with Larry Miller, PsyD, Clinical Health Psychologist, Columbia St. Mary’s Cancer Center. Learn what chemo brain is and if there is a way to alleviate symptoms.
August 19: “Psychological Wellness: What It Is and How To Achieve It,” is a lecture with Esther Grinnell , MSW Program Director. Well being is a state of mind available to everyone. Learn how to achieve a sense of personal and internal health.
August 26: “Comfort Shawls,” is a lecture and demonstration by Marcia Eiseman, artist and storyteller. She uses music, sharing, story-telling and poetry to help people face adversity.
September 2: “Living a Mindful Life” is presented by Paul Norton, MD. He is a practicing Mahayana Buddhist in the tradition of the Vietnamese Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh. He is also a pediatrician, and he practices developmental behavioral pediatrics
September 9: “A Legacy Project” is presented by Bill Morse, a cancer survivor.
Gilda’s Club can provide answers to questions about cancer survivorship. Call 414-962-8201, x. 101 or visit www.gildasclubsewi.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Freaky Friday Dance
- Katie Wilson, Mequon Resident and Homestead Senior to represent the USA in the 2015 FIS Junior World Snowboard Championships in China
- Lecture on Increase Lapham, Mapmaker at UWM
- Public Hearing on Central District Master Plan
- Alverno Presents Joe Westerlund’s Grandma Sparrow & His Piddletractor Orchestra
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March
- Black History Month, Celebrate Smokers Quitting and Becoming a Part of History
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday