Just about anyone who's had any experience with cancer knows that even after treatment some side effects linger. As survivors return to work, home life and busy routines, they notice changes that should be addressed.
Gilda’s Club will be offering a new series called Post Treatment Networking with lectures offered for the next five Wednesdays to help those who are resuming their lives after cancer treatment.
August 12: “Chemo Brain,” is a lecture with Larry Miller, PsyD, Clinical Health Psychologist, Columbia St. Mary’s Cancer Center. Learn what chemo brain is and if there is a way to alleviate symptoms.
August 19: “Psychological Wellness: What It Is and How To Achieve It,” is a lecture with Esther Grinnell , MSW Program Director. Well being is a state of mind available to everyone. Learn how to achieve a sense of personal and internal health.
August 26: “Comfort Shawls,” is a lecture and demonstration by Marcia Eiseman, artist and storyteller. She uses music, sharing, story-telling and poetry to help people face adversity.
September 2: “Living a Mindful Life” is presented by Paul Norton, MD. He is a practicing Mahayana Buddhist in the tradition of the Vietnamese Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh. He is also a pediatrician, and he practices developmental behavioral pediatrics
September 9: “A Legacy Project” is presented by Bill Morse, a cancer survivor.
Gilda’s Club can provide answers to questions about cancer survivorship. Call 414-962-8201, x. 101 or visit www.gildasclubsewi.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- BBB's 8 Tips to Avoid Locksmith Scams
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- Chanukah in the Chocolate Factory!
- Kick Off Chanukah at East Side Public Menorah Celebration
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- "The Nutcracker" returns December 13-27, 2014
- St.. Jude Kindergartners Share the Warmth This Holiday Season
- St. Robert Sunday School Students Aid Milwaukee's Poor