Just about anyone who's had any experience with cancer knows that even after treatment some side effects linger. As survivors return to work, home life and busy routines, they notice changes that should be addressed.
Gilda’s Club will be offering a new series called Post Treatment Networking with lectures offered for the next five Wednesdays to help those who are resuming their lives after cancer treatment.
August 12: “Chemo Brain,” is a lecture with Larry Miller, PsyD, Clinical Health Psychologist, Columbia St. Mary’s Cancer Center. Learn what chemo brain is and if there is a way to alleviate symptoms.
August 19: “Psychological Wellness: What It Is and How To Achieve It,” is a lecture with Esther Grinnell , MSW Program Director. Well being is a state of mind available to everyone. Learn how to achieve a sense of personal and internal health.
August 26: “Comfort Shawls,” is a lecture and demonstration by Marcia Eiseman, artist and storyteller. She uses music, sharing, story-telling and poetry to help people face adversity.
September 2: “Living a Mindful Life” is presented by Paul Norton, MD. He is a practicing Mahayana Buddhist in the tradition of the Vietnamese Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh. He is also a pediatrician, and he practices developmental behavioral pediatrics
September 9: “A Legacy Project” is presented by Bill Morse, a cancer survivor.
Gilda’s Club can provide answers to questions about cancer survivorship. Call 414-962-8201, x. 101 or visit www.gildasclubsewi.org.
- St. Monica Sports NIght
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Ranks Bathroom Flooring Options
- Trip to the Brewers/Angels Game
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Concordia University Wisconsin Offers Safe Disposal of Prescription Drugs
- Catholic Singles Dance
- WFBHS presents: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Emily Hoefler, Whitefish Bay Resident, Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator