The American Institute of Wine and Food Announces its August meeting
The American Institute of Wine and Food will be hosting their September meeting at Chez Jacques, 1022 South 1st Street in Walker’s Point on Monday, September 28, at 6 p.m. The Bordeaux Wine Dinner will begin with a reception and cash bar featuring Canapé of Pork Pâté with Cornichons; followed by Roasted Butternut Squash paired with Ch. La Mouliniere-Bordeaux Blanc Sec 2007; Petite Salad de la Maison with Dijon Vinaigrette paired with Chateau Charron Leres Cotes de Blaye Blanc 2005; Scallops Basquaise with Peppers, Tomatoes & Prosciutto paired with Ch. La Mouliniere-Bordeaux 2006; a main course of Duck Magret Provençal with Red Wine Sauce paired with Ch. Les Conquêtes-Bordeaux 2000; and a dessert of Tarte Aux Poires
Madame Fleur Sauternes
The cost of the event is $75 for members and $85 non-members. Dress is casual. To register send your name along with a check made out to AIWF to The American Institute of Wine and Food. P.O. Box 1483, Milwaukee, WI 53201. Questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your reservation, less $65 is tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
AIWF was established in 1981 by the late Robert Mondavi, the late Julia Child, the late Richard Graff and others to provide a forum for the study and enjoyment of gastronomy.
The AIWF is dedicated to promoting health and well-being through the enjoyment of good food and drink and fellowship that comes from dining together around the table. The American Institute of Wine & Food is one of the few national organizations with the unique combination of dedicated wine and food enthusiasts and professionals. Wine and food enthusiasts get to meet and learn from renowned chefs, winemakers, authors, culinary historians, and food producers, while industry professionals have the opportunity to know and understand their core consumers. Today, the organization has 25 chapters with 4,000 members in the United States. For more information on AIWF events visits www.aiwf.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- BBB's 8 Tips to Avoid Locksmith Scams
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- Chanukah in the Chocolate Factory!
- Kick Off Chanukah at East Side Public Menorah Celebration
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- "The Nutcracker" returns December 13-27, 2014
- St.. Jude Kindergartners Share the Warmth This Holiday Season