“H1N1 Virus – Stay Informed, Be Prepared!” will be the topic of the Friday Forum Community Partnerships Series Oct. 2 from 7:30 – 9 a.m. in the Lecture Hall of the Mequon Campus of Milwaukee Area Technical College, 5555 W. Highland Road. Panelists will discuss preparations for dealing with the virus and strategies for protecting yourself, your family, businesses, employees and students. They will answer frequently asked questions about the illness.
Speakers include Glenda Madlom, director/health officer, for the Ozaukee County Health Department; Patty Ruth, emergency preparedness coordinator, for Ozaukee County; and Dessie Levy, dean of health occupations at MATC. Ruth will moderate the discussion.
The forums, formerly known as the First Fridays Forums, are held on the first Friday of every other month from October through April. Co-sponsored by the Mequon Campus of Milwaukee Area Technical College, the Ozaukee County Board and the University of Wisconsin Extension, the series advances regional progress by bringing stakeholders and decision makers together to solve problems, share information and build relationships.
A $5 per-person charge covers continental breakfast. For more information or reservations, please contact Sandra Webster by Sept. 28 at (262) 238-2205 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The largest technical college in the state, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of the economy in southeastern Wisconsin. MATC offers 200 degrees, diplomas, certificates and apprenticeships, plus nearly 400 transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees. A large pre-college program enables people to complete high school and prepare for higher learning. The Office of Corporate Learning provides customized training to incumbent workers. Approximately 48,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses, numerous evening centers and community-based sites, or learn online. Overwhelmingly, MATC graduates build careers and businesses right here at home. Visit www.matc.edu.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- BBB's 8 Tips to Avoid Locksmith Scams
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- Chanukah in the Chocolate Factory!
- Kick Off Chanukah at East Side Public Menorah Celebration
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- "The Nutcracker" returns December 13-27, 2014
- St.. Jude Kindergartners Share the Warmth This Holiday Season