Students and faculty at Concordia University Wisconsin (CUW), along with local artists, are teaming up to fight local hunger. On Tuesday, November 10 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Falcon's Nest on Concordia’s Mequon campus, an event known as Empty Bowls is taking place.
For a $5 donation, anyone may come and pick out a handmade ceramic bowl donated by artists, along with meat and veggie chili and breads provided graciously by Sodexo, CUW’s food vendor.
This is the second annual event with 100% of the proceeds going to fight hunger in the Milwaukee area. The co-curricular Art Guild group on Concordia’s campus is sponsoring the event and the goal is to hold a similar event in the spring.
“This is a phenomenal way for artists to use their creativity to serve others,” said Sarah Schempf, CUW senior and president of the Art Guild.
For more information on this event you can contact Professor Jeff Shawhan in the CUW Art Department at 262-243-4552 or email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- GROWING YOUR BUSINESS IN A DOWN ECONOMY WORKSHOP IS LESS THAN 1 WEEK AWAY
- Make Father’s Day Smoke-Free (An Uphill Battle)
- Mequon Mother and Daughter Duo to Appear in One Act Play Festival
- FREE Summer Concert Series Announced at Hubbard Park
- Village of Shorewood Seeks Artists for Plein Air Art Festival
- Shorewood resident named to Chambers USA 2013 leading lawyer list
- Milwaukee Mechanic Builds a Booming International Bounce-House Business
- Grassroots Northshore Forum
- Seniors Summer Picnic
- Wisconsin Ranks 20th for Senior Health