Shorewood, WI – The Shorewood Monarchs take pride in their knowledge and love of the game of football. The motto of the team is simple, “To strive for superiority, in football and in the community, with an undying love for the game.”
Team management is understandably disappointed in the team’s 1-8 record in the 2009 regular season and is determined that it does not happen again going into 2010. The team’s main weakness last year was their offensive production which struggled due to some key injuries at the quarterback and offensive line positions.
The team board remains dedicated to establishing a way of life within their staff and players that fosters a continued growth to their solid team chemistry. Off the field, the Monarchs are committed to the Shorewood community, demonstrating positive attitudes that reflect the organization at all times, and maintaining a competitive edge.
The Monarchs will hold their annual combine/try-outs on Sunday, January 17th at the North Central YMCA located at 1350 W North Ave. Check-In is at 1:15 PM with the session running from 1:30 PM to 3:45 PM. Registration at the door is $25.00 or $20.00 in advance which can be paid online at www.monarchsfootballclub.com. Bring clean gym shoes and workout attire. All veterans and any new players interested in joining the team are encouraged to attend.
The Monarchs are excited about the upcoming season and hope to start a new winning tradition. With a roster of IFL players who are refreshed and determined to make a difference on the field, as well as an extensive list of new talent joining the team, the Monarchs are confident about their chances in 2010.
The team is currently seeking additional sponsors, players, coaches, and volunteers to assist in reaching the goals that they have set out to achieve for the 2010 season.
Anyone interested in joining or supporting the team is encouraged to visit the Monarch’s website athttp://www.monarchsfootballclub.com or contact the Monarchs via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 414.671.9404.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood Senior Center to Sponsor Trip to Art in Bloom
- SHOREWOOD CDA ADVANCES NORTHWOODS RENOVATION AND RIVER BLUFF SENIOR HOUSING PROJECTS
- How to Avoid Your Own Personal Financial Crisis
- "The Life & Music of Woody Guthrie for Ukulele" with Lil' Rev, March 15 at Cascio
- Shorewood Allstate Agent Offers Spring Safety Advice
- March 7 Talk: "A Global Geologic Exploration of Life after Earth’s Largest Mass Extinction"
- March 2, Lecture on Art at the Edges of Maps at UWM
- Don't Miss the Condo Tradeshow
- Seniors Anniversary Party
- Holocaust Remembrance Service at Alverno College