Shorewood, WI – The Shorewood Monarchs take pride in their knowledge and love of the game of football. The motto of the team is simple, “To strive for superiority, in football and in the community, with an undying love for the game.”
Team management is understandably disappointed in the team’s 1-8 record in the 2009 regular season and is determined that it does not happen again going into 2010. The team’s main weakness last year was their offensive production which struggled due to some key injuries at the quarterback and offensive line positions.
The team board remains dedicated to establishing a way of life within their staff and players that fosters a continued growth to their solid team chemistry. Off the field, the Monarchs are committed to the Shorewood community, demonstrating positive attitudes that reflect the organization at all times, and maintaining a competitive edge.
The Monarchs will hold their annual combine/try-outs on Sunday, January 17th at the North Central YMCA located at 1350 W North Ave. Check-In is at 1:15 PM with the session running from 1:30 PM to 3:45 PM. Registration at the door is $25.00 or $20.00 in advance which can be paid online at www.monarchsfootballclub.com. Bring clean gym shoes and workout attire. All veterans and any new players interested in joining the team are encouraged to attend.
The Monarchs are excited about the upcoming season and hope to start a new winning tradition. With a roster of IFL players who are refreshed and determined to make a difference on the field, as well as an extensive list of new talent joining the team, the Monarchs are confident about their chances in 2010.
The team is currently seeking additional sponsors, players, coaches, and volunteers to assist in reaching the goals that they have set out to achieve for the 2010 season.
Anyone interested in joining or supporting the team is encouraged to visit the Monarch’s website athttp://www.monarchsfootballclub.com or contact the Monarchs via email at email@example.com or by phone at 414.671.9404.
- Shorewood Students Part of Summer STEM Program GE Girls
- Local Soccer Player to Be Honored by Chicago MLS
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Lake Geneva Mail Boat Tour and Luncheon
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour Saturday
- 8th Annual South Milwaukee Historical Society Garden Tour
- CIGAR NETWORKERS OF MILWAUKEE PRESENTS SMOKE ON THE WATER
- Oconomowoc Banker, Mark Mohr, to Serve on Wisconsin Bankers Association Board
- Summer Reading Programs at the Whitefish Bay Public Library