MILWAUKEE… The Board of Trustees has elected six new members to serve on behalf of the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design, Wisconsin’s only independent, fully accredited four-year college of art and design, under the leadership of President Neil Hoffman and Board Chair Allen W. (Sandy) Williams, Jr.
• Matt Levatich (Thiensville) – President and Chief Operating Officer, Harley-Davidson Motor Company
• Linda Marcus (Fox Point) – A former journalist and author on media ethics who owns Linda Marcus Designs and who will chair with her husband MIAD’s Creative Fusion fundraiser May 8
• Justin L. Mortara (Milwaukee) ¬– Chief Executive Officer, Mortara Instrument, Inc.
• Scott Schwebel (Shorewood) – Vice President Creative Development, Hanson Dodge Creative
• Randy Strauss (Mequon) – President/Chief Executive Officer, Strauss Brands Incorporated, located in Hales Corners
• Thomas B. Wilson III (Milwaukee) – Retired President, Private Banking, Firstar Milwaukee
The newly elected members join MIAD’s officers:
• Allen W. (Sandy) Williams, Jr., Chairman (Milwaukee) – Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
• Madeleine Kelly Lubar, Vice Chair (Fox Point) – Former practicing attorney and community volunteer
• Jerry Benjamin, Treasurer (Milwaukee) – Co-Managing Director, A.B. Data Ltd.
• Andrea Schloemer, Secretary (Whitefish Bay) – A painter by profession and community volunteer in the arts and education
Also serving on MIAD’s Board: Christopher Abele, Jason W. Allen, William R. Arpe, Neil Casey, Judy Guten, Claire Hackmann, Michael T. Jones, Robert Joseph, Peter Kies, Steven Laughlin, Desmond Mason, Robert L. Mikulay, former Board Chair Larry Moon, and Jeremy Shamrowicz.
Joining the Trustees are Anastacia Stevens ’10, MIAD Student Government President; Liberal Studies Associate Professor Natanya Blanck, serving as Faculty Representative; and Alumni Association Co-Chair Melissa Dorn Richards ’96, serving as Alumni Representative.
MIAD President Neil Hoffman said, “MIAD’s growth as a college – in enrollment, facilities plans and programs – fosters the interests of the broader Milwaukee business, arts and education communities. The notable new leaders enhancing MIAD’s prestigious Board reflect the community’s recognition of, and response to, this vital role MIAD plays in Milwaukee and beyond.”
MIAD is a degree-granting college where individuals discover and realize their creative potential. Founded in 1974 as Wisconsin’s only fully accredited, independent college of art and design, it enrolls 660 talented students from across the country who are taught by artists and designers recognized regionally and nationally for their professional and educational accomplishments. Its unique academic approach blends curricular and extracurricular experiences, a community service course requirement, and Liberal Studies in 11 majors toward the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. With 80% of its 3,000 graduates using their innovative skills in Wisconsin, the college contributes a vital “brain gain” to the state that shapes its creative and economic future.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Author Recounts Exploration of Lake Michigan Ship Sunk in 1860
- Shorewood Senior Center to Sponsor Trip to Art in Bloom
- SHOREWOOD CDA ADVANCES NORTHWOODS RENOVATION AND RIVER BLUFF SENIOR HOUSING PROJECTS
- How to Avoid Your Own Personal Financial Crisis
- "The Life & Music of Woody Guthrie for Ukulele" with Lil' Rev, March 15 at Cascio
- Shorewood Allstate Agent Offers Spring Safety Advice
- March 7 Talk: "A Global Geologic Exploration of Life after Earth’s Largest Mass Extinction"
- March 2, Lecture on Art at the Edges of Maps at UWM
- Don't Miss the Condo Tradeshow
- Seniors Anniversary Party