A couple weeks ago, about 10:00 AM, I glanced out of the front window of my house and was surprised to see the street filled with police cars.
A few doors to my left was an SUV at the curb, while a few doors to my right police were searching the area around a neighbor's house.
After some inquiries I learned what the story behind the activity.
One of the residents saw 3 men taking some items, including a big screen TV out of a neighbor's house. Suspicious of what was happening, he called the police to report the activity.
The first responder was Shorewood Police Chief David Banaszynski who saw the men get in the car and start to drive off. He immediately pulled them over and took them into custody as other officers arrived to assist.
The Shorewood PD was assisted by the Whitefish Bay police, who sent units to block the street and transport one of the detainees.
Over $8000 of stolen items were found in their car. They are being looked at by a number of surrounding communities for similar type burglaries.
Thank you to my neighbor who called in the suspicious activity, and to the SHWD and WFB Police Departments for the quick response. Community Policing really does work.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success
- Danceworks Youth Performance Company (DYPC) in GINGERBREAD EXPRESS
- Unwind with Stress-free Holiday Shopping in Shorewood
- Local Allstate Agent Andrew McCabe Offers Tips on Avoiding Winter Freeze
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Dec. 8, Layton's Legacy: A Historic American Art Collection, 1888-2013
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah