Shorewood Intermediate School Students Take Top Honors at State Spanish Pronunciation Contest
On Saturday, February 27, eight Shorewood Intermediate School Spanish students participated in the State Spanish Pronunciation Contest. Hundreds of students from excellent schools across state competed.
Three Shorewood Intermediate School students recited a memorized poem. 7th graders Devon Brusnahan and Helena Rose, and 8th grader, Nori Moy, each received a 1st place rating with many laudatory comments from the judge, including “not one error of pronunciation” and “excellent interpretation – the best I heard today,”
Five of students memorized and presented a paragraph about the city of Quito. 7th graders, Dylan Larson-Harsch, and Ahna Lipchik, and 8th graders, Ethan Hunt, Emily Teerink, and Haley Florsheim also earned 1st place ratings. The same judge commented, “no errors, wonderful interpretation, great fluidity of language, you have a future in languages” to these students.
Haley Florsheim took on an additional challenge by competing in the Non-Prepared Narration Category. She was given a paragraph to look over for 5 minutes and then went read it to the judge. Haley earned a 1st place for this piece as well and the judge’s comments were a simple “without errors…Excellent!”
Congratulations to these diligent young Spanish students and a special thanks to Mr. Becker and Mrs. Klem for the foundation of Spanish they provided in past years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Prince Uncovered: A reinterpretation of the music of Prince
- Composer Emily Cooley wins Competition
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- Concordia University Wisconsin Celebrates Homecoming
- Monster Hunting
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- St. Robert Annual Rummage Sale this Weekend
- Librarian Recounts Adventures in Rwanda, Sept. 25 at UWM
- Athleta Store at Bayshore Town Center Offering Free Classes