Show off your texting skills in U.S. Cellular’s $10,000 Speed Text Tournament at Festa Italiana
U.S. Cellular wants to put your texting skills to the test as they search for the country’s fastest texter. The U.S. Cellular $10,000 Speed Text Tournament will make its first stop in Wisconsin this summer at Festa Italiana, July 15-18.
Text messaging has increasingly become a preferred way to communicate for people of all ages. Americans sent more than 1.5 trillion text messages last year, according to CTIA – The Wireless Association. That’s about 5 billion text messages per day.
The fastest texter in the U.S. Cellular challenge will receive a $10,000 grand prize and the second through fifth-place finishers will receive $500 gift cards. Participants compete individually or head-to-head using an HTC Touch Pro 2 handset.
“If typing eight perfect sentences as fast as you can in 45 seconds for $10,000 sounds easy, then Festa Italiana is the place to be,” said Chris Rathsack, director of sales for U.S. Cellular in Wisconsin.
Festa Italiana attendees can compete at the U.S. Cellular $10,000 Speed Text Tournament from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on July 15 and 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. July 16-18. Other Wisconsin stops include the Waukesha County Fair (July 21-25), Wisconsin State Fair (Aug. 5-8) and Sheboygan County Fair (Sept. 1-6).
Last year, two Wisconsinites won prizes in the challenge: Jay Emmer of Milwaukee won $500 and Kristin Roehrig of Manitowoc won an Xbox 360.
Throughout the summer, the $10,000 Speed Text Tournament will continue to stop at festivals, fairs, concerts and U.S. Cellular retail stores across the country. The event schedule and tournament rankings are updated every Wednesday and Friday at www.uscellular.com/speedtext. The score to beat will be available at every stop.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success
- Danceworks Youth Performance Company (DYPC) in GINGERBREAD EXPRESS
- Unwind with Stress-free Holiday Shopping in Shorewood
- Local Allstate Agent Andrew McCabe Offers Tips on Avoiding Winter Freeze
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Dec. 8, Layton's Legacy: A Historic American Art Collection, 1888-2013
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah