Daniel C. Mielnicki, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of emergency medicine at The Medical College of Wisconsin and to the medical staffs of Froedtert Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, major teaching affiliates of the College.
Board-certified in emergency medicine, his clinical interests include emergency ultrasound and airway management.
Prior to coming to the College, Dr. Mielnicki served on the faculty of the Department of Emergency Medicine at Naval Medical Center in Portsmouth, Va. He has served as lieutenant commander in the U.S. Navy Medical Corps since 1993, and three times had operational assignments. This includes serving as director of medical services for the Surgical Shock Trauma Platoon stationed in Iraq from 2007-08.
For his efforts, Dr. Mielnicki received the 2006 Emergency Medicine Outstanding Resident of the Year Award, as well as three Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals, two Navy Achievement Medals and two National Defense Service Medals.
Dr. Mielnicki received his medical degree from the Uniformed Services University in Bethesda, Maryland, in 1997. He completed a residency in emergency medicine at the Naval Medical Center, Portsmouth, in 2006, serving as chief resident the last year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Aqua Sprites Cure the Winter Blues
- SUNSET PLAYHOUSE PRESENTS CROONER CHRIS MARIANI IN HAVE A COOL YULE
- ‘Tis the Season
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains Bathtub Materials
- “Let There Be Light!” with David HB Drake
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Should You Repair or Replace Your Appliance? Appliance Gallery Offers Some Advice
- Wisconsin's Walk MS Dates Announced for 2016
- WaterStone Bank Announces New Fox Point Community President