The Shorewood community is invited to an Open House on Wednesday, August 18, showcasing the high school’s remodeled library including the new presentation of the historic stained glass exhibit. All are welcome and encouraged to attend the open house on Wednesday from 5:30pm-7:30pm.
SHS Library Renovation: A Place of Opportunity
The renovated library is more conducive to delivering and providing educational opportunities to our students. The new layout includes a user friendly computer lab, space that is capable of large and small group instruction as well as individual work space. Additionally, the environment enables students and staff to embrace both print and online resources including electronic media.
This renovation was made possible due to the generous support of the community through the referendum of 2008. Thank you for your investment in our students!
Stained Glass Panels: The Re-Discovery
The stained glass windows have a long history – the glass panels originally graced the windows on either side of the front entrance of High School’s Administration Building for a brief period in the late 1930’s. They were designed by Carl Van Treek who also designed and painted the murals in the Administration Building lobby as part of a WPA project. A partnership with the Shorewood Historical Society has made the repairs and installation possible!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dec. 8, Layton's Legacy: A Historic American Art Collection, 1888-2013
- Community Comemmorates 75th Anniversary of Kristallnacht
- New Catholic Schools Walk to Celebrate Success and Support Tuition Assistance
- Shorewood resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with chess camp for girls
- First Ride Returns to Help Kids Take Off Training Wheels, Learn to Ride
- Growing Power's Will Allen to Speak at UWM May 15
- WUWM’s PROJECT MILWAUKEE: Help Wanted
- A Small Business User Guide to the Affordable Healthcare Act
- Shorewood Photographer at Firefly Art Fair
- Musical Line-Up Announced for Free Summer Concert Series