Do you like to sing? If you're Lutheran, you do! Since the time of Luther, Lutherans have had a great choral heritage. So to celebrate that heritage and praise our God, six congregations from the metro Milwaukee area are sponsoring a hymnfest on Sunday, May 2 at Kingo Lutheran Church, 1225 E. Olive St., Shorewood. The hymnfest begins at 1:30 p.m. in the sanctuary.
Please join the choirs and congregations of Kingo, Lake Park, Ascension, All Peoples, Hephatha and Calvary for a wonderful afternoon of singing everything from traditional oldies to contemporary hymns, in styles varying from bluegrass to jazz to gospel to Appalachian! The hymn sing will be led by Dr. Jose Rivera, a professor of Choral Music Education at UWM and Kingo's choir director, and will feature many guest musicians.
Questions? Call or email Kingo at (414) 964-2620 or email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood Senior Center to Sponsor Trip to Art in Bloom
- March 7 Talk: "A Global Geologic Exploration of Life after Earth’s Largest Mass Extinction"
- March 2, Lecture on Art at the Edges of Maps at UWM
- Dynamic Duos
- Jessie Garcia to speak at Shorewood Men's Morning Meeting
- Dec. 8, Layton's Legacy: A Historic American Art Collection, 1888-2013
- Community Comemmorates 75th Anniversary of Kristallnacht
- New Catholic Schools Walk to Celebrate Success and Support Tuition Assistance
- Shorewood resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with chess camp for girls
- First Ride Returns to Help Kids Take Off Training Wheels, Learn to Ride